cross fader help in traktor
    Tech Guru

Default cross fader help in traktor

i seen this function on the xponent before that there is a button on the left and the right that u press and makes the cross fader go half way then return for scratching was wondering if anyone could help me out with mapping this. it basically has to be *hold right hand button* (crossfader is left) *cross fader moves center untill button is released then return to left* and likewhys for the other side.... any help would be appriciated

Tech Wizard

Okay, i think i get what you mean.

Map a button to the "X-Fader" and have it go "direct" to a value. BUT, it will not return upon release. That would only be doable if the button sent two messages, one for up and one for down.

I CAN tell you how to make it toggle to the middle and back though. Eg in two presses.

Also, not being mean, but you should use the full-stop more. XD

Tech Guru

Default ..

haha sorry ill try use more fullstops.
    Yeah any help at all would be great, ino how to get it to go to half way but not sure how to get it back, and not sure how it works when its left or right? any ideas??

Maybe this can be done with some fancy modifiers.

Like set 2 functions for full left and full right with modifiers 1 & 2; then set another for center with a modifier of 0 for each. Then just map the buttons as a direct for mods 1 & 2.

Hope you can understand what i'm trying to say. Sorry i don't have time to test it right now, it's my nephew's birthday.

Tech Guru

cheers will try that

OK so forget my last post. But i got this figured out.
    Start by mapping a button to the X-Fader, set the interaction mode to direct and set the value to 0.000 (left)
    Now map the same button to X-Fader, set the interaction mode to reset, and check invert.

Do the same thing for the second button, but set the value to 1.000 (Right).
    And there you have it.

Don't know why i didn't think of this before.

Tech Guru

ok will try that when i get home thanks very much