wanting a new toy, what to buy?
    Tech Student

Default wanting a new toy, what to buy?

im just starting out, I've gotten pretty familiar with Traktor Pro using the Korg Nanopad and Nanokontrol. Im nowhere near good but I want something new. I dont want to jump into investing in a pair of CDJs and a mixer just yet. I was thinking something along the lines of the VCI-100 maybe? any recommendations? im looking for something I can learn techniques on and mess around until I feel confident enough to buy decks.

preferably in the 0-450USD range.

vci-100. u said it.

buy it used, it's a tank anyways & yul have some money left over for more toys...or tunes.
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Student

I think I will actually, i've read awesome stuff about them all over this forum.

lot of vci 100 support on this forum ... best place for it ... cheaper controller such as numark mixtrack and total control are good starters to get use to the feel of a mixer, but if you have the $$ go get the vci 100

↯↯ OFFICIAL SITE // MY SETUP ↯↯

VCI-100 Se or two NI Kontrol X1's .. Or Both
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Yeah get a VCI 100 SE if you can or a cheap 2nd hand vci and do the upgrade yourself.

I used the VCI with the original overlay for a couple of years but the SE overlay has breathed new life into the VCI... + the new firmware = higher res
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

VCI-100 now will save you money in the long run.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x