Laptop questions

Default Laptop questions

I have a couple for everyone to think over....

I am about to buy a laptop that will exclusively be for my "rig" two things,

1 ) what models work well, or does anyone know what to stay away from (I'm getting a windows laptop)

2) I'm going to be using traktor, are there issues with resolutions at odd laptop monitor sizes that I need to know of

3) and is there a "floor" for monitor size (or how small is too small) my eyes are pretty shitty as a rule so do I absolutely have to go 17 inch?

Thanks

Mike

well....i know one thing

alot.......and i mean alot of people use mac books.

Check out Asus laptops. I love mine. Never had any problems; except for the typical windows stuff.

Let us know if have ruled out a MAC now... it'll save this turning into a MAC vs PC thread (which it almost has already)
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

yeah I've pretty much ruled out a mac unless something drastically changes financially in the next 2 weeks (it won't) I realize that for audio they tend to work "better" but they are very pricey.

Tech Wizard

what price range are you looking at?
    Oh. My. Daze!

cheap as possible, probably between 500 and 700 US

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Check out Asus laptops. I love mine. Never had any problems; except for the typical windows stuff.
    yeah

check out circuit city website

they have a refurb asus with 320gb , duel core cpu , 2gig ram for $400

Quote Originally Posted by DJ_Jarret View Post
    yeah

check out circuit city website

they have a refurb asus with 320gb , duel core cpu , 2gig ram for $400
    Refurbished, I seem to have a fear of used computers...are they unneccassary? (sp I know)

Quote Originally Posted by Str8upDrew View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bigheadmikelove View Post
    Refurbished, I seem to have a fear of used computers...are they unneccassary? (sp I know)
    warrenty!