Firmware 1.2 or Firmware 1.3?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Firmware 1.2 or Firmware 1.3?

Hi everybody,

I know that there are lots of threads on this issue, but there are a couple of questions that I can't find anywhere... I have my update kit at home (thanks Ean!) and I would like to update my firmware from 1.1 to 1.2 or 1.3 version. I don't want to use Ean's .tsi file, as I have my own configuration of VCI-100 in Traktor Pro (I know that I will have to re-map it if I update to 1.3...).

First question... Which are the main differences in the way VCI-100 sends MIDI messages in version 1.2 and 1.3? I would like to know which changes have being done and which benefits I can get from them when MIDI mapping VCI-100 in Traktor Pro (I will not use Ean's mapping).

Second question... Where could I find version 1.2 to download?

Thank you in advance.

Tech Convert

Ean?

1.1 & 1.2 only send 1 midi cc for the hi/mid/low knobs w/ver 1.3 it sends 2 midi cc, also the faders send a different midi cc and I believe they are inverted.

so yes, you would have to remap you vci tks, but it will be easy, b/c all you have do is just run the midi learn.

Goodluck and keep us posted when when ur tks or tsi are done.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

You would actually re-map very little. All of the original messages from 1.2 are there. We just added the high performance messages like inverted faders and freeze. Plus we fixed some of the doubled up buttons. The only thing that would be re-mapped would be the filter.

then you would just add to your existing midi mapping based on how you would like to use the new settings. For working with your own custom map 1.2 is easier but 1.3 has more possibilities.

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot!

@ JesC: This is my .tsi for version 1.1:

http://www.megaupload.com/es/?d=WPNR30X5

I really love it, because all parametres in the software can be used without touching the mouse. It was already posted... It includes instructions in Spanish (sorry... but it is quite logical to understand). Do you think I can get VCI-100 working exactly in the same way with 1.3 firmware version?

Thank you in advance.

Tech Convert

Hi again,

I would like to know more in detail how the MIDI messages are sent in version 1.3. I really enjoy making MIDI mappings of my hardware and I would like to have as much information as possible about the new possibilities with version 1.3. Please, correct me if I am wrong or answer these questions...

- Hi/mid/low knobs in version 1.3 send 2 MIDI CC, one when turning clockwise and the other when turning anti-clockwise. It might allow more efficient use of the EQ section in Traktor Pro.

- Faders are inverted but what does it means? Advantadges? All faders are inverted (tempo faders, volume faders and x-fader)?

- What do you mean with freeze as a high performance message?

- And last but not least... The doubled up buttons you have fixed are, for instance, "effect" buttons in EQ section that send the same message as other "effect" buttons in the unit. In these version there are no more buttons sending the same MIDI message?

Thank you in advance again.

Tech Convert

Hello?

Thanks!

Someone on the forum created a list of the 1.3 functions and made a picture but I can seem to find it now.

does anyone else know where that is?

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by eangolde View Post
    does anyone else know where that is?
    Yes! Here It is: http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1668

Tech Convert

Thanks a lot guys!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast