Pitch Bend
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pitch Bend

Default Pitch Bend

Seriously!! Whats goin on here?

I literally give the pitch bend a slight spin whilst in Scratch mode and it speeds up or slows down the track faaaar to much! Why? It never used to be like this?

It used to feel far more natural like when using a cdj but the way its configured now is proper pants.

I really don't want to have to swap between cdj and scratch mode does anyone have any better way of this being set up that what's in the most recent mapping?

M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

Tech Mentor

did you change your PB ratio under settings?? for example 8% vs 10% vs 30%.. sound like this could be the culprit.

Its not mapped like that anymore. Its mapped as a button with no way of customising its feel at all.

I'm using the DJTT mapping.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Is it a case of the 8% deal on start up? Try holding shift and moving the pitch fader to center to reset the pitch. I have to do that whenever I start Traktor for the first time I move it up or down it jumps 8%. Frankly I don't mind that so much because it forces me to go through and do a kind of pre-flight check of everything.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Is it a case of the 8% deal on start up? Try holding shift and moving the pitch fader to center to reset the pitch. I have to do that whenever I start Traktor for the first time I move it up or down it jumps 8%. Frankly I don't mind that so much because it forces me to go through and do a kind of pre-flight check of everything.
    you have to do this on all relative controls. Drives me crazy when I forget to do this & i'm in a set. However, in the case of the pitch fader, if u do it for the deck C it's also good for deck A etc.
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

no ... outer jogs i'm talking about. Nothing to do with tempo slider, i have to do the same though

Tech Guru

Mess with your sensitivity in the transport section of preferences. Try with progressive pitch bend on and off to see what works for you.
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

There is no possible settings to mess with. It appears in teh new techtools mapping that the pitch bend is mapped as a button not a jog wheel or encoder or whatever.

yeah, I noticed the same thing about those jogg nudges being faaar to sensitive last night while trying to beatmatch. Slowed down a track to a crawl, had a WTF moment.

Will do some adjusting tonight....
    OSX 10.6.4 | Traktor Pro 2 | VCi-100 FW 1.4 | NI Audio 8 | Xone 92 | M Audio BX8A Deluxe

Tech Guru

The sensitivity adjustment is found in the transport section of preferences, along with he option for progressive bending. (even though the command is just a button with no settings, these prefs will change the behavior).
    MacBook 2.4GHz, 6GB, Traktor Pro, Ableton Live, Bomes MT, Audio Kontrol 1, Vestax VCI-100 SE Custom, M-Audio Axiom 25, Akai APC40, NI Maschine, 2x Midi Fighters (c/o DJ TechTools - Thanks!!)

Mixcloud DJ Sets

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast