typhoon + traktor help

Default typhoon + traktor help

right i have a typhoon and traktor pro running fine on a old pc with a amd processor & 1gb of ram . I have now been given a new laptop with amd duel core processor & 3gb ram. the Problem is i'm getting lots of distortion from the head phones and from the master output. The only place there dosen't seem to be any is in the recording in traktor. I have no idea how to solve. Please help

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by deejay-d-lux View Post
    right i have a typhoon and traktor pro running fine on a old pc with a amd processor & 1gb of ram . I have now been given a new laptop with amd duel core processor & 3gb ram. the Problem is i'm getting lots of distortion from the head phones and from the master output. The only place there dosen't seem to be any is in the recording in traktor. I have no idea how to solve. Please help
    http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml

run that if u see a shit load of red lines then u need to google and fix that shit

sometimes you cant m8 sorry to say

right here's what i have done to try and fix things, set up a dual boot system so that i now have xp aswell. i have disabled unused drivers such as wireless card, ethernet etc....... traktor is the only program i have installed. i have used the latency checker, but the lines are mainly green. it's really starting to get on my nerves now. as soon as i try and play any music through it theres distortion. surely it should work alot better on a half decent laptop insted of a five year old computer. anyone has got anymore idea's?

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What's your latency set inside Traktor?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i've got it set at 17ms, the same as i have it on my pc.