Best way to switch from Traktor to Serato?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Best way to switch from Traktor to Serato?

I love traktor, but it's becoming a problem at some of the places I play at, and I wanted to know some methods of keeping a serato library prepared for those times. Can I drag and drop from a traktor playlist into a serato playlist? which would be ideal, since I can just update them both at the same time whenever I add new tracks.

any suggestions?

Serato's easy. Analyze and go. Just point both applications to the same music folder and the metadata will live in their respective native data folders on your system.

The beauty of organising your music in itunes is both progs import itunes playlists.

Also, you can download serato software for free and build crates you can export to a usb stick. then when you plug into a laptop running serato all your crates appear.
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

what I did was...
    Open traktor and itunes
    Make a new playlist on itunes and drag the songs in that playlist over itunes.
    Once you do that to all your playlists.
    Open Serato and POW!
    Then you can make new crates within serato ur just use itunes playlist.

I hope i i didnt confuse you.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Mentor

It's truely beyond me why anyone would make crates when iTunes is the ultimate organizational tool, and can be used with multiple programs.

Someone enlighten me? I've been a Serato DJ for 3 years now, and never once built a crate.

-PL>Y

@PRESSPL>Y, I need crates and playlist being that I play several different gernes of music and I hate touching my laptop while djing. I call it the Serato-syndrome, being that serato users touch their laptop about 70% of the time while djing and only touch the decks 30% of the time. Trust me, I see it all the time, and yes I am a serato user too. alt+1 to do this crtl+1 to do that...Im not playing a video game, or using a DOS 3270 program.

Crates/playlist are very useful for djs. DJing is visual, so I dont want to be seen like im checking my email 70% of the time during my set.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JesC View Post
    @PRESSPL>
    Crates/playlist are very useful for djs. DJing is visual, so I dont want to be seen like im checking my email 70% of the time during my set.
    But I am checking my email 70% of the time or facebook maybe. JK
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    But I am checking my email 70% of the time or facebook maybe. JK
    I see this all the time during gigs...FB/Twitter/Myspace update...DJ (Fill in the blank) is Killing it @CLUB_ABC followed by pic of the club or of them in the booth

Say I have all my tracks in Itunes. I set cues and loops in Scratch Live. When I open the same songs in Tracktor Scratch Pro will these cue points be there, or will I have to reset points for each program?

The loops and cues will not transfer across from traktor to serato or vice versa

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast