Traktor scratch deck locking

Default Traktor scratch deck locking

I was mixing the other day with my traktor scratch pro using the controller vinyl and after about 15 minutes deck A locked and the program shut down.
    I havent really had any issue before but until recently.
    Im running traktor scratch Pro on a Dell XPS m1530 300gb HD/177gb free, Duo Core, vista 64 bit. All my music is running from a external Hdrive via USB 2.0.
    AUDIO 8 soundcard, traktor scratch pro ver 1.2.6.

I'm not sure why tractor shut down on you but the deck will lock if the control vinyl is moving at all and you try to load a new track. If the deck is stopped but still locked try re-analyzing the control signal in the scratch panel..I think the button says RST on it.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

The only time Traktor has simply quit on me with no warning was when a played a corrupt MP3 . I could reproduce it with the same MP3.

Can you trace back the track that was being played?

Tech Mentor

Also.... **sensitive** when on a PC make sure you've disabled all other software.. particularly the indexing service... I use Traktor on a MAC.. but use PC's for just about everything else... most of my PC problems have been due to the damn indexing service. **just to be clear.. this was not intended to inflame the PC vs. MAC issue... I like PC for certain things and MAC for others**