Play/pause button in v3 mapping?
    Tech Student

Default Play/pause button in v3 mapping?

I have been playing around with the DJTT mapping and loving how much it opens up traktor into a whole new software
    The one thing that annoys me is when you press the play button when a track is already playing it will just move to the cue point and continue playing! I have messed around but can figure out how to get the play/pause button to work like the default without having to hold shift everytime i hit it.

Any suggestions?

Use the Transport > Play/Pause command?
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

I dont want to add new stuff and mess up the map. Basically i want the play/pause button to act as it does when shift is held down without having to hold shift down.

im the same i want my pause button back how it used to be

Soundcloud sounds!
    Twits and tweets!

Quote Originally Posted by ashok_fernandez View Post
    I dont want to add new stuff and mess up the map. Basically i want the play/pause button to act as it does when shift is held down without having to hold shift down.
    Well you're either going to have to remap the functions (not rocket science, you don't need to add anything, you just need to swap the modifier conditions around for that particular button) or put up with it, or wait for someone else to do it for you.

Say the shift button for the djtt mapping is MOD7 and the shift button shifts btwn MOD7=0 and MOD7=1.

Find out midi note/cc the play button is (by learning a new function, then deleting it), find out which functions are mapped to it (sort the controller preferences window by midi note), and change the ones conditional on MOD7=0 to MOD7=1 and MOD7=1 to MOD7=0.

If you mess up your map, then just load the djtt map again.

Simples.
    Last edited by lethal_pizzle; 09-30-2010 at 04:12 AM.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Student

Thanks for the advice. Ive only had Traktor for about a week so im quite new to mapping and stuff but I managed to figure it out. So for anyone who cares:

1) go to the play/pause input for a given deck (say for instance deck A)
    2) find the one where the comment says 'Play Deck A'
    3) change the value of 'M3' to 0
    4) find the play/pause input with the comment 'Re-play Deck A' and delete it
    5) find the 'Jump to Act Cue' input which is assigned to the same button and delete it (it helps if you organize the list by MIDI note, that way they will all be together)
    6) create a 'CUP (Cue Play)' input and assign it to the play button of that deck. give it the parameters:
    - Modifier 1: M3 with a value of 5
    - Modifier 2: for deck A it is M4 with value 0, for deck C it is M4 with value 1, for deck B it is M8 with value 0
    and for deck D it is M8 with value 2
    - Type of controller: Button
    - Interaction Mode: Direct
    - Device target set to what ever deck its controlling
    7) now go to the transport tab in preferences and down the bottom change 'Cue Play (CUP) Mode' to instant

If you do this for all the decks your play pause buttons will do exactly that, play and pause. And when you hold shift and press play and pause it will jump and play from the cue as it originally did in the DJTT mapping
    Last edited by ashok_fernandez; 10-01-2010 at 08:44 PM. Reason: correction of instructions