Tell me about a Kaoss KP3
    Tech Guru

Default Tell me about a Kaoss KP3

Tell me about a KP3. I understand that you can only use this on a master out vs. each channel. Here’s my dilema: Currently using a VCI-300 and I play more with Itch than I do TP, but the effects and sample limitations rather suck. I have a VFX-1 and that was 250.00 bucks. The only effects I use are the filters, reverb and delay (im not a big time effects user as I mostly play open format). The rest of them though are pure garbage. I’ve seen some KP3’s going used for 200-250 bucks, Im thinking for the money I’ll have a few more effects and the ability to use some samples. One of my questions is on the 16 beat sampler, how good is the sync feature? Can I loop a 8-16 beat sample and use that like I would a 3rd deck. Or is the sync function just crap, and the sampler is used just for drops? I don’t mind the VFX-1 simply because it’s easy to use, but for the price it doesn’t offer much.

Thoughts?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

well its possible but youll need to get a cheapy line mixer to make it work. the 300 has 2 master outputs but both levels are controlled by the same knob. so you would need to run that into a channel on the line mixer and it would need a send/return and thats where you would put the KP in the chain.

i love my v7 because it allows me the chance to use an aux - i think serato could have avoided alot of criticism if all the units came with an auxillary. the fx are weak, but if you included an aux that point becomes moot. you no longer have to wait on an update that may never come, its just there

I have one, and I love it. I don't get why you'd drop cash on this unit though if you aren't using a mixer with flexible send/return options on the fx loop. It also runs loud, and clipping can happen very easily if you don't have tight control on the level that it is receiving/sending.
    DJ Neurotique

Tant qu'y a du noir, y'a d'l'espoir!
    Berurier Noir

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Neurotique View Post
    I have one, and I love it. I don't get why you'd drop cash on this unit though if you aren't using a mixer with flexible send/return options on the fx loop. It also runs loud, and clipping can happen very easily if you don't have tight control on the level that it is receiving/sending.
    What are the disadvantages of not having a mixer with send/return. What do I miss out on by running it direct. I hear ya on not spending the cash, but I can get one for 175.00 and the VFX-1 is 250. What can I expect with out a line mixer. I was planning on runnning it direct to the speakers. VCI->KP3->speakers.

**side note, I'm currently in the middle east and not playing at big parties, and the equipement here is very ragged and worn out, I also don't have room for lots of gear**
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    What are the disadvantages of not having a mixer with send/return. What do I miss out on by running it direct. I hear ya on not spending the cash, but I can get one for 175.00 and the VFX-1 is 250. What can I expect with out a line mixer. I was planning on runnning it direct to the speakers. VCI->KP3->speakers.

**side note, I'm currently in the middle east and not playing at big parties, and the equipement here is very ragged and worn out, I also don't have room for lots of gear**
    disadvantage: say youve got your mix coming out of a home stereo and it has one input, without a proper send/return you are going to need to place another mixer to mix the signal from the output of the VCI and the signal output of kaoss pad so that those 2 signals are now merged as one that the home stereo can play out.

something compact, cheap, and most of all should be reasonably accessible check out this http://www.americanmusical.com/Item-...-XENTX802-LIST
    ive never been to the middle east but behringer is pretty cheap and mass produced so i would imagine it would be easier to find then other items