Good deal? Why so cheap is my question..
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Good deal? Why so cheap is my question..

Hey guys so I'm thinking about buying this guys turntables. It looks like it's all ridiculously cheap and I've verified that all 3 of the times are selling for 215$ in total.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/1923165030.html
    Dancing to good music should be like having sex with the air.

Soundcloud: http://soundcloud.com/dj-jarvis

Quote Originally Posted by jdog667jkt View Post
    Hey guys so I'm thinking about buying this guys turntables. It looks like it's all ridiculously cheap and I've verified that all 3 of the times are selling for 215$ in total.

http://rochester.craigslist.org/ele/1923165030.html

cause they aren't technics... they don't hold their resale value the same...

cuz its CL, i pick up a DDM4000 this week for 200.00
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

that's the right price..but to be honest you should save your money for something nicer. I had a friend with that exact setup and it was kind of a pain to deal with the weak motors on the decks. Also that mixer only has eq on the master out, not on each channel.
    2 x Technics 1200 mk5
    Behringer DJX 700
    Traktor Scratch Pro and Audio 8 DJ
    Novation Dicers
    http://soundcloud.com/anok-1

I slightly disagree with ANok?, if they're STR-100's they're not bad, if they're STR-80's don't bother. I have a pair of 100's that I got from a friend for about the same price, I've had them for about 2 years I installed some Shure M-447's and they have not failed me yet, I'm teaching my-self to scratch on them. My opinion on them is that they're good for the price, agreed they are not 1200's but if you're on a budget it's close enough, for 200$ I think you can't go wrong, as for the mixer I'm not convinced. I say get it and sell the mixer. And if you see that they're not what you need clean them and sell them at the price you paid them.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while, you just might miss it..."
    Tools:MBP 13", NI Kontrol 1,Novation twitch, Tractor Pro 2, LPD8, KRK 5's & 10" sub, AudioTechnica ATH-M40fs, Logic Express 9 and a Cactus!

Tech Guru

Save ya money if your patient you can find a pair of 1200's for cheap on CL I had a guy trying to trade me 2 for a iPhone 3G. Just wait till a pair goes up and I bet you can get for about 400 maybe 500

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bartboy View Post
    Save ya money if your patient you can find a pair of 1200's for cheap on CL I had a guy trying to trade me 2 for a iPhone 3G. Just wait till a pair goes up and I bet you can get for about 400 maybe 500
    F*ck me!! I've got two iPhone 3G's I'm not using.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    F*ck me!! I've got two iPhone 3G's I'm not using.
    I'll buy one!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Quote Originally Posted by athtsak View Post
    I slightly disagree with ANok?, if they're STR-100's they're not bad, if they're STR-80's don't bother. I have a pair of 100's that I got from a friend for about the same price, I've had them for about 2 years I installed some Shure M-447's and they have not failed me yet, I'm teaching my-self to scratch on them. My opinion on them is that they're good for the price, agreed they are not 1200's but if you're on a budget it's close enough, for 200$ I think you can't go wrong, as for the mixer I'm not convinced. I say get it and sell the mixer. And if you see that they're not what you need clean them and sell them at the price you paid them.

I got the STR-8 100's too and they rock!

I really like the Vestax PDX2000's too.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Banned

Fossils are nice. I have two. If you like it (and it sounds like you do) then I think it's ok. No one else will know about the colour thing, only you. So, if you can live with that, flash it around.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast