cdjs are outdated and should i upgrade?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default cdjs are outdated and should i upgrade?

i have the cdj 400's and just purchased a stanton str150 and i only have a djm 400 so im trying to think what my next purchase will be so i can utalise all four decks. i was thinking of selling all my gear which will be 2x cdj400, djm400 and tsp. to make room for the traktor s4. but will i be able to connect tts up to them when the s4 comes out or will it be in the near future that could take years?? im in a bit of a dillema at the moment as i cant figure out what to do and im stuck in dj gear limbo at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by g12528 View Post
    i have the cdj 400's and just purchased a stanton str150 and i only have a djm 400 so im trying to think what my next purchase will be so i can utalise all four decks. i was thinking of selling all my gear which will be 2x cdj400, djm400 and tsp. to make room for the traktor s4. but will i be able to connect tts up to them when the s4 comes out or will it be in the near future that could take years?? im in a bit of a dillema at the moment as i cant figure out what to do and im stuck in dj gear limbo at the moment
    It won't be in years, I reckon it'll be supported after a month or two. They won't leave it long as they know people will want this feature. Plus, the CDJ-400 might be supported out of the box anyway...
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

wait, so youre saying i should be able to chain my 2x cdj 400s into the s4??
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    wait, so youre saying i should be able to chain my 2x cdj 400s into the s4??
    Yes that's what he sais.

damn, i must have missed that ability, that's hot!

do you have a link that might talk more in depth about that type of feature? been sick the last cpl of days, so reading comprehension was pretty poor...

Check the NI website. S4 will get the same capabilities as TSP. So you'll need to use timecode CD's.
    MBP 13" - Kontrol S4 - nanoKontrol - DHJ-500 - Hercules DJ Console MK1
    Find me on: Facebook, Soundcloud
    Quote Originally Posted by space monkey View Post
    Hi Karlos! I have a lawnmower, do you like grapes?

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    damn, i must have missed that ability, that's hot!

do you have a link that might talk more in depth about that type of feature? been sick the last cpl of days, so reading comprehension was pretty poor...
    http://www.native-instruments.com/#/.../?content=1336
    Last edited by Ross; 09-30-2010 at 09:12 AM.
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

same link, but i get the idea, thanks. however, why is timecode necessary? because im going cdj direct to external s4? will there be some method in place that allow cdjs to work in conjunction with s4 in HID mode?

The timecode will be needed because you'd be using phono inputs instead of USB. Timecode CDs are cheap anyway.

so does that mean i would then be able to go back and use the cdj 400 built-in effects? using them in HID mode disables those... so I'm wondering if that means the cdjs will be used in the normal manner (not choosing PC mode, setting deck, etc).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast