Let's come up with advanced TSI for Hercules Steel- hot cues, advanced effects etc...

Default Let's come up with advanced TSI for Hercules Steel- hot cues, advanced effects etc...

I know I'm not alone as a happy Hercules Steel owner on here, but can't help but feel a little left out as far as the the abundance of support for the VCI 100. Not that I wouldn't be overjoyed to own one of Ean's arcade VCI's but I don't see why someone has not come up with a similar TSI file that allows for the use of hot cues and control of advanced FX using the jog wheel, pitch fader, and hey, there's that extra Vol. Main fader that could be put to good use.

Now everyone reading this is probably saying, "well why don't you go make one yourself?"......Well unfortunately I'm really not that great at programing Tractor, but I was hoping we could all get together and come up with a setup that would be just as good as the djtehtools' VCI mapping. I mean, we do have some really good controller options minus the touch sensitive jog wheels.

I've been brainstorming the last few days and thinking of how we could go about this, and I was thinking of using buttons 1,2,3 as the current loop control, 4,5,6 as the basic chained fx, and shift would be hot cues 1-6. Then, for advanced FX use the jog wheel, pitch fader and possibly the Vol. main fader. But what to do with the "balance" knob and "scratch" button, or in the case of Traktor, "wet/dry" and "shift"? Is there a way around the non touch sensitive jog wheel as in, could the jog wheel be set to turn on the beat slicer when simply moved? Is the touch sensitiveness really necessary?

So let's get some collective ideas and let's come up with a Steel TSI for the people who want a more advanced set up but aren't exactly experts in programming Traktor.
    Last edited by funke; 09-30-2010 at 11:15 PM.

Bump

Try the controller mapping forum. It's actually there for stuff like this, and if you haven't searched it yet, some one may have already made a TSI for it.

Quote Originally Posted by VanGogo View Post
    Try the controller mapping forum. It's actually there for stuff like this, and if you haven't searched it yet, some one may have already made a TSI for it.
    listen to vangogo