Audio 4 Dj Installation

Default Audio 4 Dj Installation

I recently upgraded to Traktor Pro, and am having some dificulty hooking up my audio 4 dj. The Audio 4 Dj came with an installation DVD-my laptop only has a CD drvie that won't play the DVD, so I dl the driver from the NI website, but when I run the installation, for some reason, it doesn't install properly, and, in Traktor, it says that the audio 4 dj is "not connected" even though the lights on the soundcard appear to be on. Its prob something simple, and I'm figuring on just trying the whole process again when I get home from work today, but thought it might be helpful to float my issue out there now, in case anyone has any words of wisdom. As always, thx for any input.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Is the Audio 4 showing up in Traktor when you try to set it as the sound card?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

it does, but says "(not connected)" next to it.

This has happened a couple of times with my A8 drivers.

Try the installation again. Failing that, get the new hardware wizard up and select the driver directory manually. This has worked several times when I've reinstalled the drivers after a reformat or moving to a new system.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

These look to be the current drivers

http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...tes#Audio_4_DJ

Are you downloading from this page or through the service center? Maybe try to download again and see if that helps. If that doesn't you might try the previous driver listed on that page as well. Also make sure you've got the correct driver for your OS. Beyond that I would also suggest trying the new hardware wizard.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

What version of Traktor did you install. Every Traktor installation should install the current A2,A4,A8 drivers unless you deselect them during installation.
    You should have the correct drivers but you need to make sure that Traktor is up to 1.2.6 if you install the latest drivers off the website.

Long way round saying update everything... sorry lol.