new macbook pro... new problems?
    Tech Convert

Default new macbook pro... new problems?

I am getting a huge new problem with static, pops, and major noise when I launch Traktor on my new macbook pro,- I also am trying to connect a vestax spin, and a Midi-fighter( awesome)

... I got a new macbook pro, imported my previous settings from my old macbook pro(1.83 ghz intel) .Midi-fighter, and Vestax Spin .(hmm intel - should be the same)

So I (large) imported my modified "Old fashioned" spin tsi, and I (small)imported midifighter .tsi , and it seems that everytime that I launch Traktor... I get a huge amount of crackling - static.
    I can go in and adjust latency, audio devices etc, bluetooth, airport,etc... Midi-Fighter on or off or Vestax Spin on, off or attached, etc... and I still have to spend 10 minutes of different variations, just to get it to work.

I eventually get it working. I can't find any consistent method that solve this. Does anybody have any ideas? or has anybody run into this before? please let me know.

Thanks,
    Scott

No idea at all but one thing I would try in your shoes is to reinstall traktor from scratch, without copying the settings, and let traktor build its new settings, and then import the music collection. If that solves it, it's a problem with the settings being on a different kind of chip, but if not, you're back where you started (backup your settings and reimport them if thats not the problem). Is there any other software that comes with the spin? that might be where the problem is too if that's your sound card.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I get sounds like your describing when I hot swap my audio card by unplugging it and plugging it back in with out rebooting the computer. Not sure this is the same though since you can fix it with setting adjustments.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

ctrld

just for kicks: go into audio settings and switch the bitrate to any setting different than the one you're currently using, and then back.