I need help with the connection
    Tech Wizard

Default I need help with the connection

Hi planning on getting two Numark tt200's as my turntables the numark dj io as my soundcard also the numark dxm03 as my mixer. Can i hook all this up to traktor scratch pro also how do i connect them all together and doess the the mixer itself have a built in soundcard? because im not sure if i need the numark dj io...help mee

No. To 'scratch' with Traktor Scratch Pro you need an audio4/audio8/Traktor certified mixer. Traktor Scratch Pro either comes with an audio8 or as an upgrade for people who already have the right soundcard.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    No. To 'scratch' with Traktor Scratch Pro you need an audio4/audio8/Traktor certified mixer. Traktor Scratch Pro either comes with an audio8 or as an upgrade for people who already have the right soundcard.
    Just to clarify that's either an Audio 4 an Audio 8 or a Traktor Scratch mixer. The best deal if you don;t own either of those now is the TSP that comes with the Audio 8, but it ain't cheap.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

so would this setup work 2 numark tt200's a Numark DXM03 also the audio 4 dj? to scratch with traktor scratch pro

Yes although you won't be able to record your mixes within Traktor Scratch Pro, as the soundcard does not have enough inputs.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Tech Wizard

i have a few questions..how exactly would i connect this all? would i hook up the turntables to my mixer or my soundcard? im confused and do i have to get any extra cables to connect my turntables to either one of them?

i'm not trying to be rude, because i have been in your exact situation and know how you feel, BUT, you should probably do a little research before you start firing off tons of different questions. just my 2 cents...

ill help you get started.... sounds like your tryin to get into the DVS (digital vinyl system) game, and sounds like your interested in traktor scratch pro. start by googling native instruments traktor scratch pro. it should direct you to the native instruments website. here you can find tons of info on how to connect a setup, what kind of different setup options are available, what you will need etc. etc...

hope this helps. good luck

Tech Wizard

alright thanks man i respect that

no problem man just trying to help...

once you have the basic idea in mind and know what you want, if you have more specific questions on the traktor or whatever, try searching google or directly within these forums for an answer. (as a tip, i like to use the google search "site:djtechtools.com/forum "this is my question"", this will give you all relevant answers coming from this forum, and chances are if its concerning traktor, than the question been asked before)

if all else fails, and you still have your question unanswered, then open up a new thread asking for advice. with this technique you will get alot more credit and respect on these forums, mainly for not asking a question thats already been beaten to death by a dead horse. or however that saying goes....