A question on .mp3 quality

Default A question on .mp3 quality

So I'm searching up tracks to buy and I've ran across something interesting, Juno has most of the hospital compilations (and most compilations in general for that matter) for 10.02 US each whereas on beatport they are 21.99, now that's a huge difference for what are both 320k mp3s...if they are the same quality I'm going with juno, but if anyone has any horror stories or words of wisdom about it please lemme know

I buy most of my stuff from Juno Download, can't stand the Beatport browser. No difference in quality, so far as I can tell.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by lethal_pizzle View Post
    I buy most of my stuff from Juno Download, can't stand the Beatport browser. No difference in quality, so far as I can tell.
    right on, thanks

Afaik most DJ download sites use similar encoders* but I could be wrong (I bought my Hospital stuff from Hospital so don't know about those specifically)

* I'm sure someone will bring up a debate about LAME vs others but if anyone's that bothered you should be using FLAC/WAV's lol
    MacBook, Vestax VCI-300 with Serato Itch
    www.djlantau.com | www.youtube.com/djlantau | www.soundcloud.com/djlantau

Yeah go for Juno. Not only does the beatport browser suck, but from what I've heard they really take it to the artists they deal with. Just hearsay mind you, but from an artist on beatport who encouraged me to make the switch. Given their crappy browser I was only too happy to switch.

Tech Mentor

I've purchased loads of 320's from both, but never the same two tracks. So, while a apple to apple comparison isn't possible from my end I can offer the following: I've had no problems with Juno Download. However, I've had at least one issue that I can remember w/ Beatport regarding sound quality. Unless you're listening to these files on a audiophile system, or a huge high-end system like Fabric's, for example, I'd be surprised if you're able to decipher any difference between the files.