Help Create a New DJ Website
    Tech Convert

Default Help Create a New DJ Website

Hi everyone,

I am building a DJ community/promotion website and Facebook app. Part of the project lets DJs upload playlists to share with your fans. Right now I need help from the digital DJ community by sending me some of your playlist files. For example, Traktor HTML exports and .nml files. (No music files please) I am especially interested in non-Traktor exports like Serato and others. This will help me to test the parser and build a database. If you would like to help, please send some files to djfilez at djtraxs dot com. I am also interested to know what features will make you want to participate in a DJ/DJ Fan site. For example, gig lists, Facebook event tie-ins, playlist-to-YouTube links, charts, etc.

Thanks

MjrTom
    djfilez at djtraxs dot com

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by MjrTom View Post
    what features will make you want to participate in a DJ/DJ Fan site. For example, gig lists, Facebook event tie-ins, playlist-to-YouTube links, charts, etc.
    none, to be perfectly honest. I don't mean to burst your bubble and I can't speak for others, but personally, I don't see myself adding another portal to my list of weekly web chores... the possibilities are endless already.

Tech Convert

I hear you. Facebook, MySpace, Twitter, your own website...etc. This is exactly why I'm working on this project. By using APIs to integrate with popular social sites and automating laborious tasks like listing gigs and playlists I want to create a 1 stop spot that makes it easy to update all your web outposts.

I think this is a really good idea, there's quite a few start ups working on similar stuff so a dedicated music version makes sense and I reckon if you can corner the market early it would work!

I would say you need
    Gigs/Diary
    Top Ten
    Video
    Sets (obviously)
    Biog?
    and perhaps the ability to show you fellow DJ friends?

.:EDIT:. There's a really good site called flavors.me that pulls in plenty of info from all over the place so maybe take a look at that?
    Last edited by ohmyjosh; 10-04-2010 at 07:21 AM.