MacBook Help?

Thread: MacBook Help?

Tech Student

Default MacBook Help?

Hello everyone!

I'm building a new system to take on the road (I'm a mobile DJ) and I'm planning on buying a VCI-100SE to use with an old MacBook (NOT Pro), an Audio4 and Traktor Pro.

My question is this: What are the recommended specs for a MacBook to run Traktor Pro well? I know what the minimums are, but I want to make sure I'm not heading toward a dead end with an old MacBook. It's a 2GHz Core 2 Duo, 4GB of memory (although only 3.2 GB are recognized because of the hardware), and I'll be using an external HD. The collection I bring with me is pretty large (35,000+ songs). Is this doable? Anyone out there using a regular 2007-era black MacBook like this? Here's the link to the specs, it's the one on the right, MB063LL/B.

http://support.apple.com/kb/SP12

Thanks in advance for any guidance you can give!

Runs perfect dude! I've used my girlfriend's FIRST GEN 1.83 CORE DUO with 2 GB RAM and it ran like a dream! I'm currently running a 1.5 Core2 with 2GB RAM (hackintosh) and it runs just as well. (If you run a hackintosh, stress test the FUCK out of it before you play out with it) But I've never had a single problem playing with the macbook. So, TL;DR, Any macbook runs it DAMN fine xD
    When we all make music, the God Spirit travels out of our bodies and we become one with each other. And for just a second, there is no war, greed, or hate in the world, just music, the celebration of life. (and usually a party, which is good too!)