Traktor Scratch Pro

Default Traktor Scratch Pro

Been contemplating this for months, I love my Xone 4D but i do still have my 1210's and I have this really strong urge to use DVS rather than just my laptop, not because I want to play vinyl but because I want to be able to cue up tracks in a certain spot and pull them back so on so forth, I know cue points but that's one thing i havent got my head round and fancy doing the DVS route.

so for those in know i think the Xone 4D is certified anyone tell me otherwise?

and the other question if i am upgrading from Traktor Pro to scratch would this be the correct upgrade? http://www.westenddj.co.uk/Product/N...UG/GoogleBase/

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Yes it is certified

http://co.native-instruments.com/ind...ratchcertified

Yes that's the correct upgrade
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Cool i could always change my set up on the Xone 4D and actually use the jogs as they jogs but i feel they are too small

thanks for the reply m8 will probably go get that soonish!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    Cool i could always change my set up on the Xone 4D and actually use the jogs as they jogs but i feel they are too small

thanks for the reply m8 will probably go get that soonish!
    The main thing that's almost swinging the S4 for me is the fact it will have TS DVS support...

Just saying, is only a couple of hundred more than TSP but is a total and complete digital djing solution with samplers / loops / etc too.

That's pretty hard to resist at the moment.

NB you need an audio 8 or audio 4 for TSP to work... presume yo uknow that and have one or other already.

And really you need an audio 8 cause traktor duo has some limitations (no internal record mode)

I half fancy TSP too you see but think i'd rather hold tight and make sure i can just plug into the S4...

I may be misinformed here but this is what I understand to be the case.

Food for thought
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

I know the S4 is tempting only thing is my mixer is the Xone 4D, so for me to replace it's just going to be a pure gear purchase because i wants it, not actually a sensible purchase! need to avoid silly purchases as the missus might well throttle me lol

the Xone 4D is also a certified mixer with built in soundcard so i don't need the audio 4 or 8, that's the only reason I am thinking of upgrading.

I do have another question if for some reason i fancy not using the TT's one day could i still use Traktor like i currently do just via the laptop?

Quote Originally Posted by Ciar2001 View Post
    I do have another question if for some reason i fancy not using the TT's one day could i still use Traktor like i currently do just via the laptop?
    Yup, no worries there. All the certified upgrade will do is add dvs control. It does not take anything away that you are used to.

Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    Yup, no worries there. All the certified upgrade will do is add dvs control. It does not take anything away that you are used to.
    Great, that's what i was hoping for I want to be able to use DVS and when i don't fancy it not using it time for me to stick that upgrade in the xmas list! make the missus and me old dear purchase it lol, i have other things i need to buy for my production side ;-)

ah yeah... course it is.

and am sure TSP works like Tpro just with bonus TC availability
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    ah yeah... course it is.

and am sure TSP works like Tpro just with bonus TC availability
    Having used both I'd agree with this ...
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers