pioneer controller?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default pioneer controller?

what happened to this being unveiled at bpm?
    MBP 13'' - VCI 100 SE - Audio 2 DJ - Traktor Pro 2 - Akai LPK25 - Traktor Scratch Pro - Audio 8 DJ
    http://soundcloud.com/prcll

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Turns out there was no planned controller launch at BPM. It was just two new monitor speakers and some headphones.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

guess it was all rumor or bullshit. Was hoping some of the guys that went to BPM asked around and maybe got some scoop from the Pioneer guys. From what I can decode from some posts here and on other forums - A&H and Pioneer are still in line to drop a controller, but there was no plan to introduce them at BPM. So really, who knows? Could be Winter NAMM or could be next year.

I thought about it and after the DX was not that big of a hit, mostly because of the issues w/ Itch, I can't see there being anything that comes out that offers more than the S4. Even with Itch and "The Bridge" integration you still have to buy Ableton so how do you build a controller just for that market. How much could you cram into an all-in-one controller that TS4 can't do? AND with HID jogs, faders, etc.

Still hoping to hear something though. New Gear is always something good for the consumer.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    guess it was all rumor or bullshit. Was hoping some of the guys that went to BPM asked around and maybe got some scoop .
    I got it but not from Pioneer..

You answered your own question mate..

I spoke to a couple of the Pioneer guys there specifically on this, and they were definitely not telling the whole story!
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

I was dubious as you can already use the cdj latest lines as controllers but you never know, will be overpriced anyway like all pioneer gear lol
    2 Technics SL1210mk2/DDJSX2/Serato//Traktor//Mixvibes Cross//Rekordbox//

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    I got it but not from Pioneer..

You answered your own question mate..

Well I went to my sources for this ---- you!!

Here's my personal take on all of this. From what I read, there were a few rumors that this could be an Itch controller with Serato introducing Itch and the Bridge soon. That would make sense to compete with the S4. I’m an Itch user and will tell you that the latest release 1.7 is EXTREMLY buggy and has been since the beta and RC’s. So I figured this could be the next release/fix --- but Serato failed BIG TIME, by letting the S4 steal the show and have the lime light all to themselves. I can’t imagine that NI would team up with Pioneer and give the S4 competition so soon. So Itch + Bridge makes sense, but with all the issues Itch is having and the crappy effects I can’t imagine that a controller or release is going to be available anytime soon that offers what the S4 can offer come 1 November. I wish Traktor would adopt colored waveforms, but that’s another topic. So even when/if Pioneer or A&H come out with a new controller what else could they offer and how likely is it that it will cost 899.00. Hopefully something awesome from Pioneer is released soon – if for no other reason than to bring more credibility to controller DJ’s – a big Pioneer stamp on the side of a controller could change some minds and views.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

The guy I spoke to from Westend DJ said there's something from Pioneer on the horizon around February time...
    A&H Xone:96 | Xone:K1 | 2 x 1210s | Traktor Pro 3 | Apple Macbook Pro (2015) 13" | Sennheiser HD7 DJ | Maschine Mikro Mk3
    read: http://djworx.com/author/dan-morse
    talk: http://facebook.com/bleeptechno
    listen: http://mixcloud.com/bleephudds

Hopefully it's not a 'all in one deal' like every other controller seems to be now. It's good for the bottom line, but I'd much prefer a controller - mixer - controller setup. Especially if you're able to take your pioneer controller(s) to a club and integrate it with the club standard (in aus anyway) djm800.

Those all in one shits seem too big to take anywhere for me. And too small to give you everything you want out of both a mixer and controller.
    All comes down to how much they can jam in one box for a decent price I guess..

That's the issue I think - size. In a backpack, you can fit a MacBook 13" and compact controller. Or you could ditch the controller and take a Launchpad/sound card/tiny Nocturn mixer. Either way, add some phones and you've got a lightweight, portable, flexible little DJ setup that lets you use Traktor, ITCH or Ableton to really rock a party with a tiny bus-powered footprint. That means you can play ANYWHERE!

Once controllers start getting too big to lug around (or to set up perched on the corner of a bar or by shoving the 1210's out of the way), it's my view that you may as well use the installation kit that's already there - especially as increasingly clubs will have CDJs that also double up as Midi controllers, meaning you can turn up with just your laptop and get Traktor or whatever working using their kit - or just use control vinyl/CDs of course.
    I blog at: Digital DJ Tips and I'm on Twitter, YouTube and Facebook

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast