The Death of the 1200's Confirmed by Skratchworx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default The Death of the 1200's Confirmed by Skratchworx

http://www.skratchworx.com/news3/comments.php?id=1544

"Regarding Analogue turn-table products, we have to inform you of our decision to terminate the business within this year, regrettably. Followings show the reasons which made us to reach to this conclusion.

1) Since beginning of the last decade, our sales of turn-table has been decreasing drastically. It's almost one-fifteenth sales units compared with 10 years ago.
    2) Never the less, many key parts are no longer available as some of our suppliers stopped production, and some have already discontinued their business. And there is a risk for some key parts that are available currently might be stopped suddenly, because those parts are continued producing only for our turn-table. In that case we cannot produce products that we have taken order already. We cannot help discontinuing production in advance in order to avoid the worst case."

- Panasonic Japan

IMHO the CDJ-1000 killed the 1200...They state the decline of 1200 sales has been down in the last decade, CDJ-1000's were released in 2001. Damn you pioneer for putting out such a fine product! lol

Oh well...I guess I'll be stockpiling some 1200 parts so I can play my wax.

Good Bye Dear Friend.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Cue massive thread debating the need for turntables in a digital age.
    Yawn...

Bollocks to Panasonic... I love my 1210s and I dont want anything else but someone will pick up the baton and run with it not least the manufactures already producing great decks.

We've been here before but maybe this time it's final.
    So just fucking do it and stop threatenting cus it's boring.

The 1210 isn't dead FFS it's just nit gonna be produced anymore.
    There are plenty of people who will make spares if we can't get em from the current sources.

I drive a classic Mini Cooper and I can get spares more easily now than when it was in production decades ago.

Massively not bothered.

(thanks for posting though, my whinging isn't aimed you dude :-)

There are a lot of good decks out there as Karlos says from other companies that you would really struggle tell a massive difference, people are just so set in their ways with the Technics range.
    Like anything that is well made its a fine balance for companies to earn enough money from new sales for a product as the market is a wash with years worth of old models that pass through many hands.
    Maybe this will kick a few companies up the arse to get making bigger and better products and we will all benefit?
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

Uhmm... even Skratchworx themselves say that they don't know yet if the above statement is authentic or not. So personally, I regard this as another contribution to the rumors around the 1210s's end.
    And even if they really go out of production, I agree that there will be countless suppliers of spare parts and refurbishers, at least for the next couple of years.

its going to happen, plus their is a ton of 1200's out there and pair are not that rare...look at ebay or search CL for guys repairing them.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

ctrld

I'm pretty sure 1210s are still gonna be around when I bite the dust at least the pair I'll give to my children.

RIP 1200s
    died ar the age of 38
    Last edited by theory28; 10-04-2010 at 05:14 PM.
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

Tech Mentor

They may stop making them, but 12XX will live on for a very long time.

Perhaps it could be good for turntable business as more attention will turn towards other turntables and therefore more development can take place by other manufacturers as the market will not be owned by one company.

Or perhaps I am sadly wrong and turntablism will continue on its slow death due to the ignorance and naivety of new DJ's. One things for sure, I wont be trading my tables for CDJ's for a long time yet...
    http://soundcloud.com/jamesT

Macbook/Hercules Steel/Audio 2

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

My Mk2 are 22 years old and still going strong, I agree with Karlos that before long all the parts which wear will be available as spares.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    Cue massive thread debating the need for turntables in a digital age.
    Yawn...

Massively not bothered.

(thanks for posting though, my whinging isn't aimed you dude :-)
    Agreed...Honestly I welcome the new age of controllers this was just an FYI.

I have some friends that are honestly bummed about it, not sure why though. As you said these things will be around for years to come, they are built like tanks. IMO I am kinda happy they are gone...Imagine what the new age will be like!

I used to dream of the day where I could plug in a device into my pc and rock a crowd...I guess that time is now. RIP 1200's I will remarry once you are gone. =)
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast