Is there a solution for this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default Is there a solution for this?

Hello everyone!

First of all I apologize for my English.

I am pleased with mapping for Traktor Pro, but I have a problem with the sound and
    I hope you can help me solve it.

If all three knob are down to-6dB and I raise the channel, I hear the sound quiet no matter what channels are reduced to a minimum. Same thing is not happening when I use Serato Itch. Also sound in Itch is much more clear and have higher quality. Is this normal or? Am I only with this problem? And finally: Is there a solution for this?

Thanks guys! .)

Greetings from Croatia

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

What's your mix volume set at?
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

I forgot to fay that Im using Allens & Heath xone:dx mixer.

I dont understand your question?

The fact is that everything is working on Itch, but problem is when using Traktor. Is anything wrong with Traktor settings? I didnt change anything when I load .tsi files for mapping (downloaded from official xone site).

Is it coming from your headphones?
    Technics 1210 MKII (x2) ~ Pioneer DDJ-RX ~ Allen & Heath Xone 2:02 ~ Traktor Pro 2 ~ Rekordbox DJ ~ Novation Dicer

ctrld

Quote Originally Posted by chonphos View Post
    If all three knob are down to-6dB and I raise the channel, I hear the sound quiet
    well technically -6db is not a kill, so this doesn't seem all that unexpected. I think there's a setting controlling EQ behaviour somewhere (from what I know traktor can emulate xone and nuo filters), but I can't tell you more because I use an external mixer

Tech Convert

@ Redlight: Well I'm not pay attention to headphones. Does it change the situation?

@ crtld: It is interesting that it does not happen in Itch. But I'll try to set something there, maybe then things will work.

If all three knob are down to-6dB and I raise the channel, I hear the sound quiet no matter what channels are reduced to a minimum.
    Can you not just put all the EQ knobs back to the central position and then fade up?

sound in Itch is much more clear and have higher quality
    To help with that you need to give us more information, what is your sound card setup? In fact, what is your setup overall?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

That make sense, but sometimes I want while playing one song, mix for example just treble of another, and in that situation I hear quietly the mid and low of that song..
    Its quite frustrating, especially if I mix some minimal with less rich sound.

I have allen&heath xone:dx which is connected direclty to logitech z-5500

All I can suggest is that you check your drivers are up to date and everything

Maybe turn up the channel you want and then use the line fader rather than turning the ones you don't want down?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

It sounded like at first you were asking about the volume faders, but now I think it's your EQ channels your talking about. Correct? If it is you'll have to set the EQ's to kill the channel when you reach the end of the rotation. You should be able to map this, but I'm not sure how. In the mean time You can click in the little dot on the bottom of each knob in the software and that will kill that EQ channel.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast