OT: iphone or Android
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Default OT: iphone or Android

Topic says it all....What do you use and why?

I have a failing iphone 3g and am looking to replace it; I was considering the samsung capitivate which runs android OS. I use windows 7 and itunes but I feel the need to ditch the apple monster.

For you guys using an android phone and playing music on it, how are you organizing your tracks? I use itunes to manage my music but would like an alternative. The reason I like itunes is because I can use it with traktor and itch.

I guess my questions are:

• Android or iphone?
    • How do android users organize there DJ music and listen on the phone?
    • What do you love about your phone?

Thanks!
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Paging Tekki, to the android courtesy phone

Personally I use an iPhone 4g and love it, but I will say that if AT&T had the Droid X it would have been a hard decision.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

i was an android early adopter (g1), and wish i got the iphone instead... however now that the android platform has matured a lot and a lot more dev's are producing quality apps - and handset manufacturers are making slick handsets it is a hard decision.

im leaning towards an iphone 4g this time round, just because

i never bothered with music on g1 not for any particular reason, just that my ipod's always in my bag.

Android, rooted and using CyanogenMod on Android 2.2

Rocks. Couldn't be happier. I get all the toys denied to the iPhone users - WIFI hotspot, USB tethering, the works.

The only thing missing is Zombies vs. Plants and Angry Birds, but those are on the way (we just got Fruit Ninja).

Quote Originally Posted by Fatlimey View Post
    The only thing missing is Zombies vs. Plants and Angry Birds, but those are on the way (we just got Fruit Ninja).
    Aye aye, just bought Fruit Ninja yesterday. I'm only missing the real Bejeweled myself

Back to music - the default Android player is rather mediocre. There are a few good options on the Market, including one which boasts iTunes sync (forgot the name).
    Generally, they all lack something different, none of them have proper gapless playback.

Track management - I just copy my latest beatport folder to the sdcard, run a little dos command to create an .m3u playlist, and I'm set.
    I also use it as a generic usb device in Winamp when I want to sync more elaborate playlists.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

WIFI hotspot,
    The one I want really bad.

Deal breaker right there.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

Android, rooted and using CyanogenMod on Android 2.2

Rocks. Couldn't be happier. I get all the toys denied to the iPhone users - WIFI hotspot, USB tethering, the works.

Do you know where I can learn how to root it? Please share some links...going to the att store now, looks like android ftw.
    :: Kontrol Z2 :: :: Technics 1200 :: :: Pioneer DJM 250 :: Kontrol X1 MkII :: :: Maschine :: :: Kontrol S4 ::

Snap on the question, here's my thread from a few weeks ago.

I have the iphone 4 now but I am not that technical minded so I went down that route but I have to say I love it. So easy to use and has loads of good stuff on it. Plus being able to synch with my mac helped.

http://www.djtechtools.com/forum/sho...iphone+android
    MBP, 15.4", Ableton Live 8 Suite, Novation Remote SL, Pioneer XDJ-RX, Traktor, VCI 100SE!

I'm in the Android camp. Got a Black Desire

We have got angry birds. Its beta but its there for a quick blast!
    M I S T E R M O L E Y M O L E
    part of the digital revolution

I think this should clear things up a bit:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast