Too many new tracks, what to do???

Default Too many new tracks, what to do???

So I just got done spending about 300 dollars on new (well some new, quite a bit of it is stuff I had on vinyl before I sold my records but ya know what I mean) music and now am downloading the whole thing and I got to wondering, how am I going to go through all this and do all the necessary stuff (key, bpm, beatgrid, and the all important one, just listen to it) to it all in an orderly fashion. My time is valuable (as is everyones) and limited (as is most people's) I was looking at a couple of things like camelotsound.com or mixed in key for the automating the key signature but I wonder if Camelot has most of what I got (lots of Drum and bass and breaks, some house and trance nothing too "underground" really, I found it all on either Juno or beatport) or is mixed in key that accurate (it said on the article on the blog that it gets no better than 60percent accuracy) does anyone have any ideas or information on the whole deal. Thanks in advance...
    Mike

what, thats like 100 songs?

mixed in key can do that in under 5 minutes on a decent system.

http://www.crayonroom.com/moody.php is a great companion to itunes for coding a song with a color / feeling, and it's free. use in conjunction with listening and you should be able to breeze through 100+ songs in no time. at least this way, you get a quick feel for what songs you wanna sort out or subcategorize, and you can go back and spend more time later really digging into the music.
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

+1 on MIK. As far as gridding and setting cue points you'll just hav to sit down and do it. It helps that I do every song pretty much the same way.

I do pretty much what Karlos says in this thread and since I do every song pretty much the same it goes pretty quick.

http://djtechtools.com/forum/showthr...ght=cue+points
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    what, thats like 100 songs?

mixed in key can do that in under 5 minutes on a decent system.

http://www.crayonroom.com/moody.php is a great companion to itunes for coding a song with a color / feeling, and it's free. use in conjunction with listening and you should be able to breeze through 100+ songs in no time. at least this way, you get a quick feel for what songs you wanna sort out or subcategorize, and you can go back and spend more time later really digging into the music.
    Nah, most of it is from compilations so it's more like 200 or so, Mixed in key looks like a nice program, but it is very pricey (to me at least) and one month of camelotsound.com is 10.00 so I was thinking I could be cheap and pay for that and just print all of the pages off of it and go through them and my songs but I wonder if it has what I have because I'd hate to have it be mostly pop, top 40, rap, rock and r&b (not that there's anything wrong with those styles) so I'm hesitant to pay for it without knowing. but 5 minutes to get all of them keyed is unreal to me, hell I would be lucky to get 5 songs in 5 minutes so if it's 60% accurate then it's doing better than me.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Might give this a read. There's one free model, but it's accuracy is not as good as MIK. I guess you get what you pay for.

http://www.djtechtools.com/2009/11/0...are-smackdown/
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Get Mixed In Key mate. Good luck with your epic gridding mission!
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

+1 for MIK. I used a couple of other key analysis softwares (free options) and they just aren't as good. Rapid Evolution 2 for example is the least stable program I've ever used!

As for gridding, Traktor's auto grid is ok but to give it a helping hand you might want to separate your tracks into genres that will be within a certain bpm range. I've found that Traktor has a nasty habit of giving DnB a BPM of around 130, putting in 3 beats where there should be 4. If you set the BPM parameters (in preferences/file management) to 150 - 190 for example, this wouldn't be a problem.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

There is also the Traktor utility Trainspotter that will key your tracks. It's free but if you want to key a lot of tracks it's donationware.
    DJTT Nu Disco Mix Train Vol 1
    beats and balearic bobs in north-west london
    iTunes podcast
    soundcloud