getting sound in an abandoned warehouse
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default getting sound in an abandoned warehouse

there is an awesome derelict of a warehouse in the middle of the woods my friends and i went to last week. we made a bonfire, drove our car inside, blast music and took our clothes off.

this time we have the good idea to throw a glow in the dark paint party with more people, but the bottom of the car got destroyed from trying to drive it in. so, do you guys have any idea how to hook up sound without electricity, and in a relatively cheap manner? We have a RCA home theater system (that we are going to return to the store, because it sucks) and my laptop.

generator. make sure its strong enough, you bring enough fule and that it has enough outlets
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

I would be careful of using power generators.... I can't confirm, but I've heard many a story about unregulated power destroying PA equipment.

Quote Originally Posted by Nosferatu View Post
    I would be careful of using power generators.... I can't confirm, but I've heard many a story about unregulated power destroying PA equipment.
    i suppose the 'is it worth it' thing comes in to play
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

These would all be quiet enough, but I think probably out of your price range as they start around $899. You might be able to rent one.

http://www.hondapowerequipment.com/p...&category=play

If your just running a home stereo for 10 or 15 people a good sized power inverter would probably do the job. You could probably find one at a Wal Mart or auto supply store that would be able to run the stereo. You would need the car back in there to use for power. I think you would need at least 2000 watts, maybe more.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=583328
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

If your just running a home stereo for 10 or 15 people a good sized power inverter would probably do the job.
    radio shack or somewhere similar also sell these.

Quote Originally Posted by lola View Post
    we made a bonfire, drove our car inside, blast music and took our clothes off.

this time we have the good idea to throw a glow in the dark paint party with more people
    photos & video or it never happened

Thanks for the replies. I'm so ignorant, duh! a generator!

If your just running a home stereo for 10 or 15 people a good sized power inverter would probably do the job. You could probably find one at a Wal Mart or auto supply store that would be able to run the stereo. You would need the car back in there to use for power. I think you would need at least 2000 watts, maybe more.

http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=583328
    Hmm I wonder if we can buy and then return a generator because we're trying to avoid more damage to the car. I'll look into the power invertor thing and see if we can make a ramp to the building

Quote Originally Posted by josh@firestorm View Post
    photos & video or it never happened
    haha ok ill post just one, since i dont know if others would appreciate being on the interwebz. it was a swell time though!

cant see it

warehouse look something like this

when I was stationed in Japan we used to party on the beach out there and we used a homemade generator, I didn't build it but google gave this which will give a bit of AC power, might work for you

http://www.theepicenter.com/tow02077.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast