Protecting your gear in the club! - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by JAC View Post
    Well after a night on the radiator it seems as if everything is alright again, sound comes from the master outs still have to test if the level is as loud as before. So thank god for that, at least we can play a gig we had scheduled for tomorrow!
    Best thing to do is to take the unit apart and wash everything down with distilled water, then dry it out. That way you wash away as many impurities as possible that will cause corrosion. You can only use distilled water to wash off electronics as anything else can cause corrosion.

Her boyfriend then decides to be macho and take the blame so we start arguing with him while she attempts to run off home. This guy was a complete wanker. He kept throwin the my dad's a solicitor line at us, you've got no case here and started saying 'You were shit anyways, I hope you fail in whatever you plan to do with yourself' and stuff along those lines.

I tried asking for his number so we could get money off him, even offered to text him in the morning if everything worked again and say forget about it. To which he replied 'oh you want my phone number? yeh here you go....no wait actually you can't have my phone number, you're gay and no one cares about you'

It was probably the most ridiculous situation I've ever been in, I'm in no way a violent person but I was about to floor this guy because he was just such a total bellend. Hope I never see him again!

EPIC NIGHT!!

wow, thats when a good chop to the throat is in order... hehe, i don't condone any violence...but ahhhhh in some situations, you just need to hand these out to these people... LOL!!

btw...LOL @ "Bellend"

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    Best thing to do is to take the unit apart and wash everything down with distilled water, then dry it out. That way you wash away as many impurities as possible that will cause corrosion. You can only use distilled water to wash off electronics as anything else can cause corrosion.
    and since I have a lot of experience, you need to let it dry for many many days before you even THINK ABOUT connecting it.

Last month my girlfriend opened the window infront of my server on the balcony, and it rained inside all night, I was able to rescue 1tb of my data, but I am missing a lot. Clean it, put it infront of a fan (no hot fan, so no hair dryer)... let it lay for at least 2-3 days if it has any kind of connectors (under them the moist can stay for a long time.

I saw some thing on the net with some guy that dried his stuff in the oven for 2 hours at 50 degrees or something.... google it

Of course, also google: Chemical Bath Electronic Components and you will get loads of hits with advice for how to chemically clean your circuit boards etc etc...

also try rice?

interesting article: http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/20/h...the-rice-bowl/

__

Too late its been hooked by up to our PA already, we're both students and can't afford to lose any gigs so it's goin in the hot press tonight and we're just gonna take the risk tomorrow and play our gig. If anything happens, we can just pretend that we didn't do any more gigs and claim off the club.

Hopefully.

Tech Mentor

Her boyfriend then decides to be macho and take the blame...The cops told him he would have to pay, so then he says it was actualy his girl that spilt the drink!
    What a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by EYENSEE View Post
    also try rice?

interesting article: http://www.engadget.com/2007/06/20/h...the-rice-bowl/

__
    That was an interesting artcile, some of the comments crack me up - theres one dude talking about using wd-40 haha, dont try this at home kids !

sling shot!
    MacBook Pro 2.53ghz . iMac 2.6ghrz . Compaq 2.4ghrz . Berhinger A5OD Reference Amp . Berhinger Ultra Graph Pro . Behringer Truth B1030A Monitors . Stanton FS Open . Native Instruments Maschine . Numark Mixdeck . TraktorLE . Vestax VCI-100 . Behringer UMX-25 . M-Audio Trigger Finger . . Ableton Live 8 . Reason 5 . Logic 9 Express .

Quote Originally Posted by BentoSan View Post
    That was an interesting artcile, some of the comments crack me up - theres one dude talking about using wd-40 haha, dont try this at home kids !
    Haha yeah that's just plain thick, what do you think about rubbing alcohol/alcohol wipes though? My bro reckons it would get rid of any stickyness and prevent corrosion. Or is he wrong?:eek:

JAC, good luck with the gig. Honestly, I do hope you can still confront the girl and wanker.

The "My dad's a sollicitor", is just short for "Please don't tell my daddy we've been bad."

Honest, if the sollicitor daddy would be called in, he would tell his son to shut up and his son's girlfriend to pay up.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast