just a few opinions on the matter.
    Tech Wizard

Default just a few opinions on the matter.

Ok, i know im probably the 5024203 person to post on the subject but,

I have been looking and experimenting with alot of different stuff in electronic music with a strong focus on more Dubstep/Trance genre. I have been getting really into Reason 4 and Fruity Loops, and even Nanostudio for iPhone (which really is a really awesome app for being on a phone). I would definitely like to give mixing a shot. I was looking at vinyl decks and working with the M-Audio Torq Connectiv after working on beat matching on vinyl for a little bit (figured it'd be the best way to really work on REAL beat matching) and then working on mixing my own beats + other songs not available on vinyl.

I would really like to get some Technics, but i cant afford those both, i looked at a few packages here, http://www.123dj.com/packages/turntable/index.html, looking at possibly the Stanton t.92 or Newmark 2200 but really dont want to make the mistake of getting a deck that will not last more than a week.

Or maybe using digital decks of some sort would be a better option?

Any help/comments/tips on the topic would be greatly apreciated!

-SAGE

Tech Mentor

I have used Torq for a few years its a pretty powerful program I now use Traktor scratch duo and an audio 4 I dropped a few things in moving like sampler ect Traktor def has better vinyl control BUT Torq is more than enough to learn to beat match ect very good value for money !

As to the TTs I have a set of Numark TT500 decks they are solid decks I have heard TT200s are good to but would not get any model below that BUT I would pick my Technics over my Numarks any day

IMO, you'll enjoy learning much more on a pair of 12's. You might want to check out craigslist; I bought a Numark TTX1 last year for only $120, and it is a very comparable deck to the 1200.

As for DVS, I'd stick to an NI product, especially if you feel you'll end up there anyways.

Tech Wizard

well any more i see alot of dubstep dj's spinng on controllers or cd decks, i wasnt sure if it would matter at all. I just really like the idea of spinning on vinyl, i might grab one of the awesome Tech Tools controllers eventually but for now i think vinyl is the best option right now.

thanks for the advice!

Tech Wizard

http://indianapolis.craigslist.org/msg/2001171014.html

i was thinking about grabbing these up, seemed like a descent offer.

would this be a good deal for me start up with?

-SAGE

The Stanton STR-8 100's and 150's are tit for the price!

Definitely worth looking at.

would go for those over Numark ANYDAY.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    The Stanton STR-8 100's and 150's are tit for the price!

Definitely worth looking at.

would go for those over Numark ANYDAY.
    I don't have either, but I wouldn't hesitate to buy these.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

I would really like to get ahold of some Tech's but its a little high for me right now, unless i can find a killer deal which ive been looking for....so dont go with the newmark's then? I was gonna talk him down to $300 since the price is pretty high for that set up..

I got my STR-8 100's + Ortofon Concorde Needles for R2500.

That's about 361.368 USD.

Just gotta look for the deal!
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

well i got the dude talked down to $300 for the entire set up but i think im just gonna wait it out and keep looking for a little while.

-SAGE