[HELP] DJ-Tech Mixer One: Leds and function mappings on Traktor Pro
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tech Convert

Default [HELP] DJ-Tech Mixer One: Leds and function mappings on Traktor Pro

I've just bought a DJ-Tech's Mixer One. I've downloaded the TSI file from www.djtechpro.com but it didn't worked. Now i've started a new mapping profile, some of the functions are ok, some leds are ok too, but there are a few things i don't know how to do.

1) How can i find the right midi messages the controller expects to make the master levels leds work?

2) I'm using MidiPipe to find the notes that enables/disables the leds. Is there any kind of midi tester, midi output tester or something like it, which sends all the possible notes? This way i think we could, for example, know if everything works well on the controller.

Later i will update the thread with some new questions.

Thanks.

Tech Convert

I'm updating the thread with some new info. I've scanned the last 2 pages in my manual (the midi map). [See the attachment]

But i don't know how to convert the info there into things i can config in Traktor Controller Manager.

What is MIDI Code, MIDI Code + Channel, Function Code, Action Code, etc.?

How do i set the conditions (last part)?

Below i'm attaching an image from my Controller Manager in Traktor, with some things which is already working with Traktor and Mixer One.

[See the attachment]

Thanks.
    Last edited by caio.schwartz; 10-05-2010 at 12:05 PM.

No images are showing up?

How is the feel of this controller? I was thinking of getting one just to use the crossfader; is it smooth enough for quick cuts and scratching?

No images are showing up mate, try attaching them to a post with the attachment manager.

First things first, check your version of Traktor then make sure you downloaded the right version of the mapping (different for version 1.1.x or 1.2.x). I found the best way to start a custom map is to use the supplied one if you can make it work then delete the bits you don't need, but useful bits like the level indicator LEDs should already be set up.

Put the images up here and I'll have a look, hopefully they've listed all the LED notes so mapping them should be easy. This is obviously quite a basic controller but if you can live without the EQ kill buttons there could be a lot of scope for customisation here, using EQs for effects or something.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Convert

I've edited the thred and uploaded the images.

I've been using it only for 2 days but i think the crossfader is smooth enough. I'm not a scratch DJ, but the equipment is well made. The X fader floats and it's loose enough. The functions response are also fine.

Tech Convert

I'm using version 1.2.xx and i've tried both files. Nothing happened. I think the TSI files from djtechpro.com are broken. Just got something when i started from scratch.

I tried to use MidiPipe to send notes to the Mixer and this way i found the button leds. But the levels leds besides the faders, no way.

Quote Originally Posted by caio.schwartz View Post
    I've edited the thred and uploaded the images.
    I'm afraid the information in that table means nothing to me...

The note at the bottom tells you that it functions as you would expect with 0-127 being the range of values to send. However, I can't decipher the midi note out of that list! Midi notes are normally in the form of 'CC01, CC02...' or musical notes followed by a number like 'A1, A#1,B1...' (the 2 forms traktor lists in its output section) and i can't see anything like that for the master output LEDs!

Anyone else help?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5

Tech Convert

I wondered if the codes in the table could mean hexadecimal or something like that. I'll keep trying.
    Traktor Pro | NI Kontrol X1 | DJ Tech Mixer One | NI Audio 4 DJ | KRK Rokit 5 G2 | iMac | Techincs RP DH 1200

Quote Originally Posted by caio.schwartz View Post
    I wondered if the codes in the table could mean hexadecimal or something like that. I'll keep trying.
    By all means keep trying! make sure the messages you are sending have a MIDI value of more than 11 (on the 0-127 scale) or you won't get any output even if you do find the right note! 127 will turn on all the LEDs.

Tech Convert

Oh yeah maaaan.

DJ Tech just answered my e-mail saying that the file in the site was wrong.

The new file is already uploaded and i'm attaching here to guarantee. Everything ok now.

Thank you all.

I'm going to play with my new toy now.
    Traktor Pro | NI Kontrol X1 | DJ Tech Mixer One | NI Audio 4 DJ | KRK Rokit 5 G2 | iMac | Techincs RP DH 1200

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast