Which Controller to go with Midi Fighter and Xone 42?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Which Controller to go with Midi Fighter and Xone 42?

Hi

I have just pruchased a midi fighter (using the Deckalized AB Focus tsi) and plan to combine it as part of my 4 deck traktor set up incorporating my Xone 42 and a M-Audio 610 FW sound card.

However...

I cannot decide which controller to buy to enhance the set up...

1. Traktor Kontrol X1
    + For integration
    - No jog wheels

2. EKS Otus RAW
    + Jog Wheels
    - Probably wont use all the features (Touch sensitive pads / mouse?)

3. Denon DNSC2000
    + Got jog wheel
    -Looks a bit naff

I was also hoping to integtrate at a later date my midi fighter with S4 software if that would be possible...

Any suggestions would be greatly received.

Tech Guru

I had a Xone:42 and two X1's. For strictly EDM music it works awesome. You really won't need the jogs because you can use the endless encoders to scrub thru tracks. If you play open format or other times of tunes this maybe an issue. Me personally when playing hip-hop or anything other than EDM I need jogs. If not the endless encoders will allow you to scrub thru a track (you can do "fine" scrubing or big beat jumps). The integration with TP is perfect...

To date, an Audio 8 + Xone 42 + 2 X1's is the best sounding set up I've had.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

The X1 has awesome functionality....

I tried out an otus raw in a shop and thought it was absolutely horrible to use but that's just my opinion!

The Denon you mention seems to be basically a CDJ emulator, I like the 4 big cue buttons but you already have a midi fighter!

Of the 3 I'd go for the X1. If you really want jog wheels you could always get a VCI-100!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I would opt for an X-1.

I have tried the Otus, but wasn't my thing for spinning EDM, the denon controller I have not even started to look at.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Thanks for the replies

So far a pretty universal Kontrol X1 opinion, I suppose I only need one with a midi fighter - would I be able to train the X1 to select tracks on 4 decks and use the midi fighter to control the other two for loops.

hmm ... I might have to splash out on another midi fighter lol

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

X1
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Right just purchased a second MF and am on the way to getting a X1...

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to get the best out of:

2x Midi Fighter
    1x X1
    On a 4 deck setup?

Im not sure about whether to use two deckalized MF's or avoid confusion and have my MF's assigned to deck C and D, and then just map the X1 to switch between A + B and C+D for track selection.

Also how the hell will effects work when the MF's have their own set up...

Sorry for so many questions but there are so many variables... pick and mix djing... lol

Get another X1
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

Tech Guru

iPAD + korg nanokontrol for more knobs and faders

Quote Originally Posted by MaxOne View Post
    Get another X1
    Was thinkin more along the lines of which tsi to use for the midi fighters.... there is a tsi out there which enables AB / CD deck switching for the X1 so seems a bit of a waste of money buying another one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast