boombox as computer speakers?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default boombox as computer speakers?

Okay, The speakers on my desktop are quite terrible. There is no low end at all and listening to any music on it brings tears to my eyes lol I do have a old boombox ( old enough to have a cassette player built in! ), but it does not have any "ins" or ports to plug into. Does anyone know away around this?

I've thought of buying one of those things that transfer sound to a radio station you can tune into but because they run on batteries it is very impracticle. Maybe there is a program I can download to send my computers sound wirelessly to it? Or perhaps I can take it apart and hook the speakers directly to it? Any help is appreciated, you will save me from depressive lack of bass! lol

Moderator of Silly Walks Citizen_Insane's Avatar

I think what might work is one of these...
    http://www.newertech.com/products/cassette_adapter.php

Or something like that. I have a similar one lying around for incase I've got a long car-ride in an old car.

Lucky for me, my boombox has a 1/4 input on the back intended for mics.
    Traktor Pro, VCM 600, Custom Midi Fighter, Presonus Firebox, Ultrasone DJ1 Pro
    http://soundcloud.com/citizen_insane/
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    All these subgenre's are like the grandchildren of disco with dubstep and D&B being the bad kids that smoke cigarettes and are in and out of jail.

Quote Originally Posted by catnapslap View Post
    Maybe there is a program I can download to send my computers sound wirelessly to it?
    Sadly, a boombox with a cassette deck is unlikely to have been blessed with Bluetooth 2.0. Your best bet is a tape adapter, or a set of desktop speakers with a good subwoofer like Logitech Z4s.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Are you trying to use the power of the radio? If not and just the internal soundcard of the desk top, you can just rewire the boombox as the desktop speakers.
    Maschine, Abelton live, Massive, Samson studio monitors, Ks4, New truss, revo 4, Chauvet minspots on the way,Traktor pro Thank goodness for just needing the sn#!!),2nd 13" macbook

All fire lost:Signed Vci-100 arcade, akai lpd8,Truss and all lighting, 13" macbook, hercules rmx

"Are you trying to use the power of the radio? If not and just the internal soundcard of the desk top, you can just rewire the boombox as the desktop speakers."

I'm just trying to send my computer audio to the boombox instead of the built in ( crap ) speakers. But thanks for the help everyone that cassette thing looks brilliant! Just what I needed, had no idea they even existed lol!! My ears thank you!

The only thing about those tape things is they are normally for car stereos, so you stick the tape in but the wire dangles out of the front.

With boombox type things you often need to close the cassette door for them to work... but you could drill a little hole in the cassette door for the wire to feed out of.

I got a pair of these jbl computer speakers i take on holiday etc.

cheap and fairly decent though not gonna blow up any house parties, though i've got mashed with mates and danced around the kitchen with em

[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/JBL-Duet-Black-Mac-Win/dp/B000RE5S92/ref=dp_cp_ob_computers_image_0[/ame]
    CLUB OF JACKS - RELEASES >>TRAXSOURCE
    Club of Jacks are a London based House & Garage production / DJ duo with releases on a number of underground labels including Plastik People Recordings, Blockhead Recordings, Hi Energy!, Pocket Jacks Trax, Soul Revolution Records and their own Club of Jacks imprint.

If you buy new speakers, get ones that come with an external subwoofer. Your ears can thank me later.
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

I'd say just buy external speakers. . . .

You can spend just $20, and an additional adapter for much less. . .but you can get the best sound from the Logitechs with a sub, or even going through a stereo with AUX inputs. That's how I have my set-up in my studio anyways.

Make your own ghetto blaster.
    Even better!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast