Traktor Scratch Duo: Skipping records

Default Traktor Scratch Duo: Skipping records

Hey guys, I've done some research on this, but I couldn't find a solid answer on why this is happening, so here I am asking DJTT...

I have a macbook pro, traktor scratch duo, 2 Numark TT200 with Shure M44-7 cartridges, but I'm having some issues with them skipping when I'm cuing the records or scratching... I have no idea why this happening, i mean, are my weight settings off? I've watched the needle and its not physically moving out of the grooves on the vinyl. It's just really strange because all my gear is relatively new and hasn't been abused at all...

can anybody shed any light on this issue? is it possibly just dirty needles?

Thanks,

-Bence
    Last edited by Be-Ne-Dek; 10-05-2010 at 01:46 PM.
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.

I'm betting on a combination of weight+antiskating needing adjustment (inc tonearm height).
    If there's any play in the record hole, get some tape + sticker backing and add a bit or three until it stops wobbling.
    There could be some play in the tonearm, maybe the cart isn't secured tight enough.
    Or maybe you've just worn out that spot on the timecode ?

thanks for the suggestions, i don't think its that i've worn out the timecode, at least i dont think so :/ anyways, i'll give those suggestions a shot and see what happen! thanks!
    All I have to do is play music, and make sure it is fist pumpin material.