VCI-100SE + nanoPad + Traktor Pro midi mappings

Default VCI-100SE + nanoPad + Traktor Pro midi mappings

Happy Thanks giving DJTT!

This is my first post here, so i apologize in advance if this post is in the incorrect area of the forum; mods: feel free to move.

I picked up a Korg nanoPad yesterday; connected it to my laptop, along with my VCI-100SE (Its a regaulr VCI that i've done the firm ware upgrade on to 1.3 + black overlay); on which I'm (starting to) use Traktor Pro. I went through each series on the nano pad and tried to find a series where none of the pads conflict with input sent from the VCI, however I was out of luck, each series had a few buttons that had the same MIDI input as the the VCI-100SE

So my question, does any one know how I can Traktor / the nanoPad up so that it doesnt conflict with input from the VCI-100? I'd really like pads 1-4 to map to cue points on deck A, 7-10 to be cue points on deck B, 5-6 be effect backwards forwards to deck A, and 11-12 to be the same for deck B.

Cheers

Search the korg website, there should be a utility program that you can use to change the midi channel that the device is sending.

Thanks BentoSan.

This worked a treat and the Korg re-mapping software was super easy to use. For any one interested I mapped 1 thru 12 to C-1 (C minus 1) upwards; none of these conflict with the VCI-100SE's MIDI output, then in Traktor Pro's midi mapping i used the Select Hot Cue command with the appropriate value for each button, and the focus being deck a for the first set of buttons, and deck b for the second set.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Thanks BentoSan.

This worked a treat and the Korg re-mapping software was super easy to use. For any one interested I mapped 1 thru 12 to C-1 (C minus 1) upwards; none of these conflict with the VCI-100SE's MIDI output, then in Traktor Pro's midi mapping i used the Select Hot Cue command with the appropriate value for each button, and the focus being deck a for the first set of buttons, and deck b for the second set.
    No problem Welcome to DJTT.

could you please post or send me your midi mapping for both units. thanks alot
    scottagoodwill@gmail.com

Tech Wizard

hey !

can please someone tell me how to map korg nano pad so it would work
    as in zabielas little movie ? i really like the idea of controlling T PRO effects
    with pad rather than vci100. would really really appreciate a quick step by step !

zabiela + korg nano pad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YghigZzN9Xw