Mixxx 1.8.0 Released - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Gonna w8 for 3 more days. On 10th of October Ubuntu 10.10 final is gonna be released.
    10.10 with mixxx 1.8. This should be fun... ;-)

Tech Convert

Just saw this release, looks good. Does anyone know if anyone's made any headway on actually getting the jogwheels on the VCI-100 working properly with this program? I just upgraded to the newest firmware for the VCI-100. If not, I'd be happy to try to help get this going.

Tech Wizard

Hey Jukey,

The VCI-100 MIDI Script that comes with Mixxx 1.8.0 has been updated since 1.7.2. The jog-wheels were confirmed working by at least one VCI-100 user, but I'm not sure if they were using the latest firmware or not. I'd appreciate it if you could leave any feedback you have about the VCI-100 mapping in this thread: Mixxx Forums Thread

If you find any problems, they'll work on a fix. MIDI mappings in Mixxx are handled completely by an XML and Javascript file. Unless the firmware causes the device to be non MIDI-compliant, no changes to Mixxx should be necessary to fix any problems you run into.

Thanks,
    RJ

Tech Convert

Default VCI 100 + Mixx + 1.4 Firmware

Okay, my point of comparison is Traktor. It appears as if the new 1.4 VCI-100 firmware requires the new corresponding .tsi for Traktor -- old tsi + new firmware = non-working jogwheels. Thus, it makes sense that the 1.4ified jogwheels don't work in Mixxx, unless that were to be updated too. I'll poke around here for any info and see what I can come up with.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jukey View Post
    Okay, my point of comparison is Traktor. It appears as if the new 1.4 VCI-100 firmware requires the new corresponding .tsi for Traktor -- old tsi + new firmware = non-working jogwheels.
    The jog wheels still work with the old tsi when running 1.4. You need the new tsi to take advantage of the higher resolution capabilities of the jogs and pitch faders though.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Convert

The old tsi's are supposed to work? They definitely did not in my case- touching the jogwheel caused the music to stop and start, but didn't actually "scrub" the audio.

Anyone using the Stanton SCS3d(s) needs to check out Mixxx. The LED jog display is dreamy. Similar to VDJ but free!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12