For those guys out there with a MBP 13"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default For those guys out there with a MBP 13"

Hey guys, I have a question for all of you who use a Macbook Pro 13". Is the 13" sufficient enough for you for running TSP, and other programs simultaniously? I've noticed that the 13" still runnning on a Intel core 2 Duo processor. Is it fast enough for doing all you need to do plus run TSP, or does it lag or crash sometimes? I'm only asking this cos I'm going to get a Macbook Pro soon, and I'm not sure whether it would be better to get 13" or 15" which is definitely more superior. If you guys think that the 13" is fast, and stable enough for running TSP, and other programs simultanioulsy then maybe thats the better choice? cheers.

Dusitn V

it's enough.
    My Mixcloud Page!
    Macbook Pro 13", Kontrol Z2, Kontrol F1, Kontrol X1, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-850, 2 x Pioneer CDJ-400, Traktor Scratch Pro, Audio 4 DJ.

+1 for 17"

go big or go home
    [ 17" 2010 MBP ][ Mixcloud ][ CompleteJ ][ Soundcloud ][ Traktor Kontrol S4 ]

Tech Mentor

I use a 13" MBP it's enough, but if you have the funds you may as well opt for the 15"

Is a 13'' Macbook enough? My Dell Mini 10 with OSX on it is enough for timecode, fx and four decks. (except for the tiny 10'' screen maybe).

A Macbook 13'' with a core2duo or any other notebook with that sort of CPU is practically overkill. I never, ever had any problems on it, most of the time the fan doesn't even start to go faster. (core2duo 2.4 GHz)
    To be honest, I just can't get it into my head why DJs buy anything bigger/faster. Only makes your gear bag bigger and heavier. Plus DJ booths are usually tiny, so smaller is better

Quote Originally Posted by completej View Post
    +1 for 17"

go big or go home
    Ha ha, dude I currently have a 17" and its way to big for me

Quote Originally Posted by Bkag View Post
    I use a 13" MBP it's enough, but if you have the funds you may as well opt for the 15"
    Thanks, yeah the 15" looks good but so does the 13" he he.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbob5000 View Post
    Is a 13'' Macbook enough? My Dell Mini 10 with OSX on it is enough for timecode, fx and four decks. (except for the tiny 10'' screen maybe).

A Macbook 13'' with a core2duo or any other notebook with that sort of CPU is practically overkill. I never, ever had any problems on it, most of the time the fan doesn't even start to go faster. (core2duo 2.4 GHz)
    To be honest, I just can't get it into my head why DJs buy anything bigger/faster. Only makes your gear bag bigger and heavier. Plus DJ booths are usually tiny, so smaller is better
    Thanks bro, it makes sence what you say. I've already noticed the shortage of space in the booth when I rock up with my 17' at the club. The 13" fits in nicely, and if what you've said about the processor, then it looks like its the better choice.

Tech Mentor

I have a macbook. It's only 13 inches. It's sufficient enough. No lag atall really unless i leave everything else running by mistake.

my 4 year old black macbook 13" 2.0 ghz C2D can handle TSP.

I can run TSP & Maschine at the same time on my 13" MBP.
    Controllerist: Think different | SoundCloud | MixCloud | Twitter |

Tech Guru

i have the 13 inch, its more than enough
    GPS of Fresh Wet Paint | "Always Fresh n' Sticky"
    DJEditorHugger

Fresh Wet Paint: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud | Site
    GPS: Facebook | Twitter | Soundcloud

Core2Duos are massively powerful processors, it makes me chuckle when people come on here and ask if they're sufficient enough!
    Pioneer DJM 700 / Traktor Kontrol X1 / 2 x Technics SL1200MK5 / Traktor Scratch Pro 2.6.7 / Ortofon Concorde Nightclub MK1
    Audio 8 DJ / Sennheiser HD 25-1 II / Magma Traveler / IsoAcoustics ISO-L8R155 / KRK RP6 G2 / Vinyl

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast