Win7 - Hardware or driver conflicts with Traktor/NI sound device and other questions

Default Win7 - Hardware or driver conflicts with Traktor/NI sound device and other questions

So I am buying my computer and putting my preorder in for the S4 as soon as my check posts to the bank and I was just going to ask some questions regarding a few things.

1) are there any known problems with NI sound devices or traktor itself having issues with any windows hardware (like specific motherboard chipsets, graphics drivers etc etc)

2) Can I dual boot somehow so that when I start my computer for DJing it will use the S4's soundcard and on the other boot just use the mobo sound for other applications, or will the s4's card work well as a consumer sound card, I doubt it. (I could sound all cool and just say for surfing the internet and whatnot but the reality is that I'm buying a $1100 computer, so I better use that power for something other than my wife on youtube so I'll be playing some games...I'm just a nerd at heart, there I said it )

3) If I were to use an external hard disk for my music and traktor in general, can I move it (with all the cuepoints and grids set) from my home PC to a laptop. I will be buying a laptop in a few months and I'll be up to par with the software by then so I'll be playing out again (hopefully) Don't want to have to re-key-beatgrid-cue point-ify everything so I was hoping that there will be some sort of portablility to my collection. If it's possible would I have to make sure that the drive is lettered the same under windows or is 7 all different and could someone point me towards a reputable website that has most of this information already...I ask alot of redundant questions.

Thanks for everyone's help this forum is pretty decent and the community is top notch.

bump to get back on the 1st page

The only way to know is to test it. For instance there was a psudo problem with Traktor and my laptop when it comes to playing music. There would be static here and there, and after a little bit of reading it was due to the build in microphone driver giving feedback to the line in. Longstory short, if there's a problem, somebody has already had it and fixed it. Google-Fu brotha. Some of us have it, some of us don't. I hope to god you develop yours.

1) Can only speak for myself but i use win 7 64bit version and have had absolutely no issues with any programs mate (except for some old games) so i think you can rest easy there.

2) You can choose any soundcard to use in the audio setup in traktor. You could for instance, use an audio 8 instead of the built in card of the s4 if you wanted. I use my audio 4 for Fl Studio and Audition as well.

3) Copy over your collection from My Documents>Native Instruments>Traktor. Install traktor on the laptop and replace the existing folder with this one. Point traktor to where your tracks are and you are ean golden. Sorted. Have had to do this a few times myself.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "

Thanks to both of you all, On the soundcard thing, so you are saying that I can leave the motherboard soundcard (or a creative Soundcard) active in the bios and I won't have problems with conflicts between drivers and whatnot. Essentially can I make it so that traktor is the only thing that uses the S4's soundcard...that seems like it would cause some troubles. Am I wrong?

Thats right. For example i have the choice between ASIO4ALL, The built in Realtek audio and my Audio 4 in the audio setup.
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "