KX1 Erratic Midi Output
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tech Mentor

Default KX1 Erratic Midi Output

Hi, I am experiencing some very strange behaviour from my KX1 at present.

Wondering if anyone can confirm this for me.

Turn all the 8 knobs to full on (clockwise to the right)

The last knob turned to the right starts sending erratic midi data when the range goes above 88 (about 2pm).

Specifically the range gets stuck around the 113-118 area and the midi channel changes continuously. In Traktor this causes all 8 chained effect parameters to change at once.

It happens in Midi Mode too.

I am using midi monitor to read the incoming midi messages and I can see the problem happening in Traktor, Ableton and even the Controller Editor?

(I have no other applications or controllers connected, have rebooted, restore default settings in Traktor and changed the preset in Controller editor. It happens everywhere in the same way all the time.)

huh... just tried it with my KX1 and had exactly the same thing. I guess I've never had cause to turn all the knobs up to full before!
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

Tech Mentor

no way !!!!!!

Maybe its a bug in all of them????

Tech Mentor

I sent a ticket to NI so I will let you know if I hear anything.

I thought it must be a bug in yours but was quite shocked to find it in mine! Can anyone else repeat it?
    TSP 2 | Serato DJ | Live 8 | MBP (SSD + HDD) | AIAIA TMA-1 Fool's Gold Edition | 1200 Mk2s | MidiFighter | KRK RP5
    Xone: DB4 | Pioneer CDJ-2000 Nexus
    DJTT FAQ | Read my guide to AUDIO CABLES

hmmmm gonna test mine later to see if it does it on mine
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

okay confirmed - i got this as well, as well as tons of other people

so this is normal?? Do we all get replacements or something? or is there some sort of firmware fix?
    Setup:

Traktor Pro 2 / S2 MK2 / X1 MK2 / Audio6 / Pioneer HDJ2000 / Westone UM3X / rMBP 13 inch 2014 (2.8 GHz) / Focal Alpha 50

Tech Mentor

I have been in contact with NI about this. They recommend that you try the calibrate function in traktor preferences.

If this doesnt work NI say the unit may be defective. So, I assume from this that no firmware fix is possible.

If you want to take action you should contact your retailer or NI directly.

Two options:
    1. Your retailer should be able to replace your unit after completing some paperwork
    2. You can return to NI who will test and replace if your unit is defective. They will also reimburse your postage costs if you have a Paypal account.

Hope this helps

Tech Wizard

We had a few customers with the same problem. After doing a calibration the problem dissappeared on them all. Funny thing. All had the fault in D/W 1..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast