S4 - What to carry it in - Page 34
Page 34 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2430313233343536373844 ... LastLast
    Tech Wizard

Default flight case

Weighs a ton!!! its all very inconvenient i wouldn't dream of taking the s4 out with me...pity..

Quote Originally Posted by Samantha View Post
    Weighs a ton!!! its all very inconvenient i wouldn't dream of taking the s4 out with me...pity..
    4kg? about 996 short of a ton....

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    4kg? about 996 short of a ton....
    @Brad, the sub-title is "flight case"...

@Samantha - check the Magma bag, or Novation bag ... both are lighter

9 kg... how the hell is the case heavier?

Win 7 / 2x Reloop Contour / Numark M6 /Traktor Pro 2.5
    SoundCloud

Ye that magma bag is winning the battle of the bags for me at the moment. I really like the look of it.

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by BradCee View Post
    9 kg... how the hell is the case heavier?
    9 + 4 = 13 ... add some cables, chargers ... if you also put the laptop inside (i wouldn't but ...)

my mrs also finds 9kg a lot! 13 definitely sounds almost a ton! 16 with a laptop, that definitely has to be a ton. Not that she can't cope with it, but for a lady 10+ kilos sounds bloody heavy ...

of course, when the kids become 13 and even 20 and even more, they can move them around ... that's called mother stuff though ... and gadgetry and mother business are different .... sooo, since there's no room for such an analogy, we just accept that 13=ton and move forward ... what else is left for us
    Last edited by loop; 02-07-2011 at 05:45 PM.

The flight cases are selling out constantly, still not too sure, but I might get the novation bag in combination with a prodector.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

sebastiannz

cut and paste from NI forums - short magma review:

received the magma gig bag today. i'm pretty impressed with the overall quality of it. actually not as big as i thought which is fine by me. being able to chuck my s4 and laptop + cables in one light bag is very very cool.

also fully recommend musicstore.de if you are thinking of picking one of these up. they shipped to NZ and were very helpful and prompt in answering all my questions - 10/10 service!

also i packed it up with s4, macbook, headphones, audio4, all the cables and manuals etc for traktor pro and s4, still pretty light once you have it slung over your shoulder. when wearing it as a backback its pretty comfy and the backpack straps do have padding. i guess i'd wear it like that if i had to cart it around for long periods. still reasonably comfortable over your shoulder though.

agree that the adjustable dividers feel a bit flimsy and they are a pain in the ass to get out too :P

So, this is the Magma one right?

http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/...DJE0002018-000

It looks way better than the novation, but also costs twice as much.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --