S4 - What to carry it in - Page 38
Page 38 of 73 FirstFirst ... 2834353637383940414248 ... LastLast
    Tech Student

Thumbs up another video explaining the Workstation DJ gig bag

Quote Originally Posted by knaumov View Post
    Cool

the peeps @ Fusion did a Youtube Demo of the Workstation DJ bag. It's nice - 3+ months after the initial inquiry me & chilly had! better late than never

Bottom line, S4 fits fine, and brave or not, there's even room for a maschine inside, alongside the cables, the power bricks the headphones and eventually a spare kit of underwear, socks and a t-shirt (+ few more controllers )

Enjoy!

YouTube - TRAKTOR S4 inside the Fusion Workstation DJ Bag

(just did the post in the NI forum also)
    This video shows the Workstation DJ bag in great detail...
    DJ STAR PRODUCT: Workstation DJ by Fusion
    Last edited by Paprika; 02-27-2011 at 05:14 AM.

The main question is: does this Dj Workstation bag is allowed as cabin luggage?

I asked Fusion and got an answer in 1 hour on a sunday!

"Thank you for your email.

The Workstation DJ bag is the largest in our Sound & Audio Range.
    I have travelled with this bag to the US and it was full of equipment that we needed for a trade show we were attending. It did fit into the overhead lockers but I discovered that if the two front pockets were fully packed so that they bulge, it was a squeeze. I had to take some things out of these pockets and then it did fit OK.
    We have travelled with Continental Airlines, Air France and American Airline and there was no problem but I suppose it does depend on the airline.
    If the aircraft is long haul and large then there does not appear to be a problem but smaller aircraft may differ.

Here is a link to our distributor page on our website, they will help you locate a Fusion bag.
    http://www.fusion-bags.com/distributors

I hope this information is of some help to you.

Kind regards,
    Wendy Caldwell"

The problem is that Ryanair s*ckers are boring with those stuffs, and european promoter work often with ryanair...
    Last edited by Maxledaron; 02-27-2011 at 08:45 AM.

there is no way that bag would be allowed to be carried on a Ryanair flight
    Please LIKE MY PAGE FACEBOOK Page and I'll Return The Favor

)))---|> http://facebook.com/DjBullyBolger <|---(((

Tech Guru

as per Ryanair's website, the allowance is:
    55cm x 40cm x 20cm

The fusion has:
    55cm x 39cm x 32cm (fully loaded)

which just confirms that it depends on how full the bag is. If you keep only the controller(s) inside, it should pass the measurement frame on the airport. Unfortunately that would mean that you always need to have check-in luggage on top of this bag.

From the NI thread, there is some more info:
    Quote Originally Posted by Laite
    Magma pack:
    55 x 40 x 21 cm

Max size of cabin luggage (Finnair):
    56 x 45 x 25 cm

The Magma bag does have an advantage regarding cargospacing, though the Fusion looks like it will pack more bang!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by knaumov View Post
    Sent an inquiry for the Fusion Bag: http://www.fusion-bags.com/products-...ation-dj-47621

got this response:

Karlos made a great point that the pitch sliders and the outer efx knobs may suffer - It's a great point. A decksaver would possibly help it, but it's still not something what I would want to do for the long term.

I really like the design and the functionality of this bag. If it gets few more inches across, it'd be perfect - price is 89GBP!

I'll continue my communication with the lady and will let you know how it goes. Will try to enlighten him what the demand for such a bag is ...
    Nice bag, but butt-ugly on your back

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by Erick View Post
    Hey guys I found this one
    http://www.nuloop.com/en/dj-equipmen...ig-bag_25.html

Looks to me like it is a replica of the magma bag but way cheaper, I decided to give it a shot since I don't have to much $ at the moment...

I'll tell you guys how it went I get it today

I was desperately seeking a bag because I fly to mexico soon and really want to take my s4, I have the flightcase but my friend freaked me out because he knows people at the airport and says they steal stuff like this all the time.

I was just wondering if anyone has traveled to Mexico or somewhere else and checked in a flightcase like such??
    really liking that one. did you end up getting it? review?

Would like to know that too!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Tech Convert Merderah Soundkilla's Avatar

oakley surf pack is the best imo... tons of pockets for cables, dedicated laptop sleeve, plenty of room for S4.

sometimes i use it to carry other gear too, and i shit a brick because it can carry so damn much. the bottom unzips to expand the compartment to fit larger things. this bag is so full of win.

Tech Wizard

^have any pics with the S4 inside?