Problem with Traktor BPM

Default Problem with Traktor BPM

Hey guys, I wasnt sure were to post this, so I posted here, Mods pls feel free to move it if needed.

So the problem I'm having is that wheh I load a track to play, it shows the BPM on the deck (A + B) once I've loaded it and its anylized, but it doesnt show the BPM in the music folders. I've tried manually to put the BPM, but Traktor wont anylize it. Is there anything I can do in the settings perhaps?

P.S. I never had this problem before, it started when I started to beatgrid my tracks, and also my new downloads. I'm not sure if that could be the problem. Cheers

Dustin V
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Tech Mentor

have been wondering why my BPM's havent been showing up in my folders either. is there anyway you can analyse a folder or libary at a time instead if having to do it all manually with each track? Kind of annoying especially when the BPM etc doesnt even save when you re-load the track next time you play it.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I use iTunes and never look at the folders the music is stored in so I can't help you there. As far as having to analyze every time are you importing the songs to your collection? It doesn't take any extra space it just points Traktor to the permanent location of the music.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

For Traktor to work efficiently you have to use the Track Collection.

If you check the Option "Import Music Folders On Start Up' all new tracks will be imported (not previously imported) and the will be analysed if the checkbox is also selected.

Traktor can ONLY remember the BPM if the track is analysed anbd added to the collection

Traktor does not read any info regarding BPM other then from its own Tags.

Quote Originally Posted by manus View Post
    have been wondering why my BPM's havent been showing up in my folders either. is there anyway you can analyse a folder or libary at a time instead if having to do it all manually with each track? Kind of annoying especially when the BPM etc doesnt even save when you re-load the track next time you play it.
    I dont know, my Traktor used to anylize the BPM and store it, but now it stopped doing it.. very strange..

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    I use iTunes and never look at the folders the music is stored in so I can't help you there. As far as having to analyze every time are you importing the songs to your collection? It doesn't take any extra space it just points Traktor to the permanent location of the music.
    Well I dont know if its importing to my collection. I save my music in my PC library, and when I load Traktor, I open my explorer and load my tracks from there.
    2013 MBPr 13" | X1 mk2 | TSP 2 | A6 | DJM 900 nexus | HD 25 UBER Aluminum's | Technics sl1210 mk2's | Logic Pro 9

Quote Originally Posted by Karlos Santos View Post
    For Traktor to work efficiently you have to use the Track Collection.

If you check the Option "Import Music Folders On Start Up' all new tracks will be imported (not previously imported) and the will be analysed if the checkbox is also selected.

Traktor can ONLY remember the BPM if the track is analysed anbd added to the collection

Traktor does not read any info regarding BPM other then from its own Tags.
    Thanks very much, I just changed my settings, I'll see if it works now. cheers.

DJTT Moderator bloke Karlos Santos's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dustin V View Post
    Well I dont know if its importing to my collection. I save my music in my PC library, and when I load Traktor, I open my explorer and load my tracks from there.
    Dude this is a prime cause of Collection errors.

You should definetly look through the manual on the sections about Collection management and importing tracks.

I promise you when you get used to using the Collection you will get less problems.

Explorer folders are fine. But Traktor works better with iTunes and the Traktor Collection.

The problem with the "Import Music Folders" is that it puts a few minutes on Traktor loading up (with larger collections around 30 seconds per 10,000 tracks) so that where the beauty of iTunes lies. Itunes will open by default if you close Traktor down with it open. All you need do is sort iTunes by date Added and your new tracks are at the top. Select them and chose "Import To Collection"

Itunes gets a bad rap, especially by guys that dont need it.
    I need an easy collection management system and for all its bad points nothing is as easy to use or integrates as well with Traktor as iTunes.

Now worries.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

All you need do is sort iTunes by date Added and your new tracks are at the top. Select them and chose "Import To Collection"
    That's the way I do it

Itunes gets a bad rap, especially by guys that dont need it. I need an easy collection management system and for all its bad points nothing is as easy to use or integrates as well with Traktor as iTunes.
    I don't see why so many people hat on iTunes. Sure it's not perfect, but it works better than anything else from what I hear.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x