Mixing a rap acapella with a techno instrumental
    Tech Wizard

Default Mixing a rap acapella with a techno instrumental

Does anyone know what the bpm of the acapella should be to sound good with the a techno instrumental? say the techno instrumental is 120 what should the acapella be?

Thanks,
    Fizz styles

Tech Guru

120bpm.... i mean you could do some weird mix - assuming the rap acapella is 90bpm - 4 bars of rap every 3 bars of techno, but yeah, I would just shift the rap acapella to 120 bpm (even though it might sound a bit weird - but generally not to bad, i've done thins for 120bpm electro before). DnB works nicely for that sort of thing as u can just put 90bpm rap at 1/2 time over 180 bpm DnB.
    Last edited by midian; 05-10-2008 at 08:54 PM.

Melodyne is the probably the best thing to use to get the acapellas on time without it sounding horrid.

Tech Wizard

how would i do that with traktor?

Beatgrid the acapella exactly as you would any other track. Then you can synch them at whatever speed you want.
    Steve Boyett
    Podcasts: Groovelectric | Podrunner | Podrunner: Intervals
    Traktor user

For me techno usually starts at 128bpm up until 140-ish.

It depends if it's the slower or the the somewhat harder (Immer Gerade Aus)techno. I'm not even starting to go on about Schranz.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki View Post
    For me techno usually starts at 128bpm up until 140-ish.

It depends if it's the slower or the the somewhat harder (Immer Gerade Aus)techno. I'm not even starting to go on about Schranz.
    Some minimal techno starts at 119 But I would not want to put some Rap Acapella over it

Jups, especially if your starting some Chloé ("I want you" amongst others), you will easily en up in that region.
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --