MIDI for both DJ-ing and Producing - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Nice! Will be checking this out too!

Thanks!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)
    -- CHECK our DEBUT (DEEP)HOUSE EP RELEASE ON BEATPORT "RSTRCTD - EXISTENCE" --

DJTT Super Moderator midifidler's Avatar

Hey,

I brought the BCR for my first controller to use with Abelton. Overall it was pretty good for the price and after a bit of experimentation I could do reasonable live mixes with it, its big plus is definitely the large amount of direct control you have.
    The Led displays help a lot with the rotary encoders and the top 8 encoders have built in buttons which make them good for single knob control of an effect. My gripes with it are the buttons do not work as triggers well as they are programmed to toggle, and I found that they would quite get out of sync with the LED indicator this can lead to some bad sounds
    Also, and this is to be expected with something so cheap the faders all have a different feel after a few months use.

I know this is out of your price range but I would definitely recommend the Novation 25 SL for Ableton use.
    I have a VCI now but I have been thinking about creating some maps to allow dedicated control of effects through the BCR for Traktor, has any one else done anything like this?

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Not a problem at all, man. Rigging them together shouldn't be too hard either. :-)

Good luck to ya
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall

update:

Seems to have come out in late '02, early '03, and has been discontinued (even though they still have it on their site)...

pc drivers were apparently dookie, and from what i read, it sometimes would crash when more than one fader/knob/button was used at once...

and midi settings are hardwired into the unit.

not for me.

--------------------------
    JL Cooper cs-32 Minidesk Controller looks to be very cool.

i want one.

obsess
    obsess
    obsess
    Last edited by corporation; 04-03-2008 at 06:08 PM. Reason: new info... google is your friend.

Default A word of thanks!

DvlsAdvct thank you for all your input.

Duellist and ofcourse Midifidler, also thank you for your much appreciated feedack. You have given me much food for thought.

My preference for a first MIDIcontroller still is the BCR2000, but I am still thinking about the other mentioned controllers.

Thanks and I will come back to you when I have decided and have bought it!

Once again thanks mates!
    RSTRCTD | twitter | facebook (RSTRCTD) facebook (LJ) | vimeo | pinterest | my studio | soundcloud (RSTRCTD)| soundcloud (LJ)

If you're looking for something that won't leave a dent in your wallet, I don't think anything can touch the Novation Nocturn as far as price and features.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviant_Tech View Post
    If you're looking for something that won't leave a dent in your wallet, I don't think anything can touch the Novation Nocturn as far as price and features.

That actually is a sick one! w00t!

Will be sinking my teeth in that one!

Tech Guru

Looks cool but I totally wish it had 5 knobs for each side so I could run 2 full eq+freq sets. Automap is pretty good, works well for my remote 25, tho its much better when you make your own automap template for it (im 2 lazy atm).

Another solution that might suit you if you want a basic controller for ableton is the VCM-100 - cheaper then the vci and it has a built in firewire card. I'm pretty keen to get one to use in conjunction with my remote 25.

Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    Looks cool but I totally wish it had 5 knobs for each side so I could run 2 full eq+freq sets. Automap is pretty good, works well for my remote 25, tho its much better when you make your own automap template for it (im 2 lazy atm).
    I got the same grieve with it... So I am looking for nice add ons.
    (Or just return to the BCR2000)
    Quote Originally Posted by midian View Post
    Another solution that might suit you if you want a basic controller for ableton is the VCM-100 - cheaper then the vci and it has a built in firewire card. I'm pretty keen to get one to use in conjunction with my remote 25.
    Might be looking into that one, if the "cheaper" MIDI is no longer suitable.

Thanks midian!

People looking for controller similar to Sasha's Maven Control, take a look at codanova's VMX Studio 1.

Price comes in at a whopping 339euros.

More details check out http://www.codanova.com
    Last edited by tekki; 04-04-2008 at 05:19 PM. Reason: resizing of images

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast