Traktor Pro 1.2.4 Auto Gain Problems / Issues

Default Traktor Pro 1.2.4 Auto Gain Problems / Issues

Hi

Im having problems with certain tracks and their volumes, it seems that some tracks dont get the boost they need to mix into others.

I have recently migrated from cdj 400's mixing mp3's from usb's on a djm 400 and I rarely had to tweak the volumes.

Im aware that you can save the auto gain and overide this but am a bit dissapointed that the trakor software doesnt get it spot on every time, when I mixed cd's on my old decks I used to normalise the tracks I was burning and could just mix... no messing around with the gains.

My tracks are all auto-analyised by traktor.

Is there something Im missing...

I was going to start a thread "Autogain: Friend or Foe". I do better with it on, but it's definitely not completely intuitive. I don't think you'll have to mess w/ the gain at all but it will mean you need to be quite the EQ tweaker.

Long story short: use your ears.

I normally mix with everything flat to 0db on my eq's (obviously I cut the bass for the start of the track and blend up to the drop) tbh I dont fancy starting tweaking bass into the plus... too much risk of distortion

Im pretty perplexed that they cant sort this out...

the way I see it at the moment is....

Option 1: Use autogain and set each tracks gain to the right eq using the edit / save option. (This is my most prefered option providing the gain on the problematic track is sufficient to match the benchmarking track... Im looking into this one shortly... as a final measure I may have to use some third party software to normalise quiet tracks)

Option 2: Turn off autogain and audition each track on the mixer with the cue prior to applying into the mix. (My least favourite option, I would like the freedom to throw tracks in the second they load)

Either way I see as dissapointing... the Trakor algorithm should just WORK!!!

Anyone got any thoughts or suggestions...?

Quote Originally Posted by kiss-o-matic View Post
    I was going to start a thread "Autogain: Friend or Foe". I do better with it on, but it's definitely not completely intuitive. I don't think you'll have to mess w/ the gain at all but it will mean you need to be quite the EQ tweaker.

Long story short: use your ears.
    I had a good mix last night, it seems your right mate... kill the bass and the mid and mix using them. eq tweaking works... perhaps Traktor is even better than my old pioneer set up and levels with more accuracy so requires more eq attention.

mp3gain. free and awesome
    Acer E5 i7 16GB 512SSD 2TBHD ~ WIN 10 ~ TSP 2.11 ~ AUDIO 6 ~ DUAL X1s ~ DN-X1600 ~ SPECTRA ~ TWISTER ~ ATH-PRO500 MK2 ~ ZED6FX ~ AT2020

" I’m the Dude, so that’s what you call me. That or, uh His Dudeness, or uh Duder, or El Duderino, if you’re not into the whole brevity thing. "