Weird DJ Job

Thread: Weird DJ Job

Default Weird DJ Job

Check this ad I found

http://www.seek.com.au/users/apply/i...jobid=18311066

Sounds like they just about want anyone to apply, they train you (?) and then send you out to the masses..

I sent the chick an email saying I didn't know what she was after, and linked her to my mixcloud.. See what happens.

Does anyone know what the fuck this is?

lol... probably for like wedding DJs or something to that effect...

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Weddings, parties, karaoke basic crap playing music you more than likely don't want to play. It would be a paycheck though I guess if your desperate.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    Weddings, parties, karaoke basic crap playing music you more than likely don't want to play. It would be a paycheck though I guess if your desperate.
    Sure is money, I do that to pay the bills on occasion when the agency calls me. Let's me feed my house habit since my dj duo doesn't pay well yet.

Also if you really go for that job, make sure you can put up with playing music you don't like. The hours are long, can be very boring at times. Don't let it ruin your love for djing. I've been close a few times...
    Last edited by ibarry; 10-18-2010 at 08:31 PM.

Werd. Yeah not that desperate for work. Actually just came home from uni for the summer so can chill a bit on the parent's dollar.
    Still looking for stuff to keep me entertained but yeah if it's playing top 40 or shit I don't like I'll pass

Nah. Around where I live commercial DJ's would be playing Bachata and Reggaeton with some Balada Pop and some other horrible shit.

I DJ to transmit what I like to a group of like minded individuals in an artistic way using all the filters, knobs and technics learned from here and elsewhere. If I fail to do that I then have stopped to do what I like and why I choose to do that in the first place. To pay the bills I work a 9-5 doing whatever and not taint the hobby I love so much.
    Erase. Stop. Start.

ctrld

"no experience required" haha

hahahahaha. awesome..

Just got a call from her and she's like 'yeah we send our djs to party's, weddings, corporate events etc..' so I'm like oh ok well it could be alright for cash..

I tell her what shit I use (she has no idea), she says they send their dj's out with the same stuff so I'd have to use theirs..
    I ask 'oh so you guys would use cdjs?'. She has NO idea what a cdj is.. She says they use virtual dj..

VIRTUAL DJ. No hardware. She even said they don't even MIX. I assume the 'dj' they send to these party's just turns the computer on and watches a pre-made mix?

People don't know the difference I guess. If they're making money, good on them. Not quite for me though

Damn......

Its fucks like this that give DJing a bad name.
    APC80:STR8-100's+Ortofon Concorde Scratch\Electro:ButterRugz:TSP2-NI Audio4DJ:Xone22+Innofader:MacBook Pro 15"
    www.soundcloud.com/djsarasin
    www.youtube.com/adriansarasin

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by sarasin View Post
    Damn......

Its fucks like this that give DJing a bad name.
    Quote For Truth.
    You really are my Ecstasy, my real life fantasy.
    I’ll never be the same, I'll tell you for sure.