Best low cost ear plugs for clubs and festivals?
    Tech Wizard

Default Best low cost ear plugs for clubs and festivals?

I go to the club, a festival or some type of DJ gig almost every weekend, not to mention how often I am blasting choons on my headphones. As you can imagine without plugs my ears are pretty wrecked come sunday morning.

I am looking for some fairly reasonably priced ear plugs that fit well, do a decent job, and allow me to hear the music clearly. At this point, these will only be used when I am in the audience, not under my headphones. I understand custom plugs are the way to go but being in college doesn't leave me with a ton of extra money to drop on them. Any suggestions or past experiences with certain brands/models would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

ctrld

hearsafe hs-er20.

What ctrld said. Get some etymotic er20 (rebranded or not), they do a good job and they last for ages if you're a little careful.

Quote Originally Posted by slangemenneske View Post
    What ctrld said. Get some etymotic er20 (rebranded or not), they do a good job and they last for ages if you're a little careful.
    and they're also cheap enough for you to loose one and not feel too bad (sez him who has been through 4 pairs in about 2 years ...)
    Traktor Scratch Pro 2/Serato SL1/Ecler NUO 3.0/VCI 100 SE/2 x Technics 1210 Mk2/Sennheiser HD25 II/Novation Dicers

Tech Mentor

+1 for etymotic er20

they're cheap and they get the job done. the little pointy thing sticking out of your ears looks a little odd, until you remember that you, unlike everybody else, will still actually be able to hear in fifteen years

Tech Mentor

they also come with a little carrying pouch that attaches to your keychain.
    very handy. I used to always forget my earplugs. Now I never will. Or if i do it also means I locked myself out of the house...

Tech Wizard

Thanks guys I'll pick a pair up asap.

Tech Wizard

Picked up a pair and used them all of halloween weekend and all I can say is that they are awesome. The sound quality is much better than foam plugs, they are very easy to take in and out, you can hear personal conversations in the crowd easier, and most importantly they absolutely saved my ears from a weekend of really loud music. Thanks again for the recommendation everyone.

wait, so do these play music like head phones?
    Become a Fan, And View My Latest Mixes | DJTT Chatroom (FB)
    Quote Originally Posted by photojojo View Post
    If the pack of lions are in sync then they're not real lions so it doesn't count.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Hearos-H...13-i1530553.gc

My ears weren't ringing at any point during or after Ultra Music Festival…and I had a press pass.

There were so many powerful sub cabs right in front of the photo pits on most of the stages that I couldn't breathe out at the same time a bass hit happened if my mouth was open…and my ears were fine after 2 days of it.