maya 44 usb headphone issue
    Tech Student

Default maya 44 usb headphone issue

Hello everybody,

first time i put a post here as i have some specific problem with my new maya 44 usb sound card.

As others here on the forum suggested, and which is in fact the only way to use the maya with seperate headphone out, i use a double RCA to single female jack adapter that i plug in to output 3 & 4 to use as a headphone output.

Problem is, i only get one side on the headphone to work...

What i've tried so far:

- to put speakers on out 3 & 4; both speakers worked.
    - switching headphone with out 1 & 2; same problem
    - i thought, well the adapter is probably broke so i bought a female to female jack adapter which i then connected to headphones on one side and to a single jack to a double RCA cable on the maya side : same problem...

Does anybody had the same problem, or can someone point out to me what i'm missing here?

Another thing that bothers me with the maya is the fact that the headphone out is very very quiet, it's even unusable... does anybody have a solution for this? I tried to turn it up in the control panel but nothing seems to happen...

As you can see i didn't have any good experiences with this soundcard...

Tech Guru

I used this soundcard for a long time with no issues using a RCA to single femail adapter. It may be your card or the adapter. I've had issues before using a splitters as work arounds when I didn't have a soundcard and some worked great, others sounded like crap. Have you tried running 3 and 4 in mono instead of stereo?
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Student

Well, i used 2 different kind of adapters and the headphones wouldn't work on either of them, but when i connect the same outputs to 2 speakers they do work...

check the ground connection of your adapters, might help

my two cents