VCI-100 w/firebox or wait for the VCI-300

Default VCI-100 w/firebox or wait for the VCI-300

I've been dj'ing in my bedroom for a 2 months now..no controller..just doing my best with the mouse and trying to get a 'groove'. I've branched out and contacted a few people..and one dj at a nightclub is willing to let me do my own set. Now I NEED a controller. There's no flexibility using a mouse...and I'm a hands on kinda guy.

So he said he'd let me play my set whenever I'm ready. I don't wanna leave it hanging too long.

I have 2 options:

1) Buy a vci-100 with a PFirebox (faceplate it up at a later stage)
    2) Wait for the vci-300

What do you guys think. There's nomore EG edition VCI's left (which is what I really wanted, I just started this too late)
    Another way. What would you do?

oh, and hello. Glad to be part of this board

What software are you using ?

Tech Mentor

I WOULD BUY A MIDI CONTROLLER IT DOESNT HVE TO BE THE VCI IT CAN BE SOMETHING LIKE THE AKAI MPD24 OR FIGGER TRINGER OR ANY OTHER MIDI AND BUY AN EXT SOUND CARD AND CONNECT THAT TO THE CLUB MIXERS LIKE EAN DOES

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FeevazoXGMg&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FeevazoXGMg&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

If you already have traktor, get a vci 100, otherwise, wait for the vci 300 because you have a controller, a soundcard and the softaware.
    personnaly i prefer traktor, more options, effects and all...
    if you plan on producing some tracks, or even getting a mixer to mix externally, go with a vci 100 and a firebox

Retired DJTT Moderator DvlsAdvct's Avatar

Regardless of the software you are going to use, it really comes down to what it is you're looking to do.

If you just want to DJ, and nothing more, then I would say get the VCI-300. If, however, you are going to want to get into time coding eventually, or you want to delve into production/beat making, I would say get the controller and the sound card.

There are other options for MIDI controllers, though. You can get a Trigger Finger/MPD32/PadKontrol and use the pads for your controls. Also, you can program a MIDI keyboard like an Oxygen8 or get a Remote SL and use those faders and buttons.

Really, it comes down to the functionality you want. I love my VCI-100, but have started implementing a PadKontrol into the mix, and will be adding another one soon. It comes down, simply, to what you want. :-)
    It's the FAQ. Read it.

My Mixes, Mashups and Rants

Divided we stand
    United we fall