Having trouble getting smooth transitions - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tech Mentor

Quote Originally Posted by djmetalgear View Post
    master mixing in key first, and then fk with effects.
    I agree that mixing without effects is more essential than anything else, but mixing in key is over rated. Unless you're trying to mix two melodies on top of each other, I find that it isn't worth the effort.
    VCI-100se1.3 & Kontrol F1 & Midi Fighter Classic & Traktor Audio 2 & Pioneer HDJ-1000 & Compaq Presario CQ62
    http://www.facebook.com/DjFrostGiant
    http://www.mixcloud.com/FrostGiant/

Quote Originally Posted by Culture_Shock View Post
    I agree that mixing without effects is more essential than anything else, but mixing in key is over rated. Unless you're trying to mix two melodies on top of each other, I find that it isn't worth the effort.
    yea, but it def helps. this is advice for someone who cant get mixes to sound well together. Keys will def help, but it isn't the end all be all
    I'm a fan of all things art. Music, film, photography, acting, dancing. Expression is powerful.
    www.twitter.com/mtlgrrr
    www.soundcloud.com/mtlgrrr
    www.facebook.com/mtlgrrr

I can transition 2 tracks with no effects or anything, I do it with all my EQs at 12 o'clock. I have a feeling that it's wrong to do that. So my next step is knowing what's the best way to do it. Starting the new track with low eq at 9 o'clock makes more sense. Thanks for the tips though!

Last edited by SirReal; 03-24-2013 at 10:02 AM. Reason: editted for drunkeness.
    "Walking the fine line between Stupidity and Genious" My Soundcloud ---- My Mixcloud
    MBP Retina 2015--TSP 2.10--2xDNSC5000--2xDNSC2900--2xDNSC2000--NI F1--Denon DN-X1700--HDJ2000--Stanton STR8-80--QSC K12's--Crown Amplifier--Urei Monitors

Key, EQ, structure, level, fade.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123