Trainspotter - who uses it - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Tech Guru

Hey haze, what will I have to do everytime one of my smart playlist in iTunes gets tracks added to it? Sorry for all the questions I've put a lot of time into organizing my playlists in iTunes and I don't want to mess anything up.

Tech Guru

nothing.

I suggest you start messing around with Trainspotter and you'll see what it does. Your songs right now in traktor are stored in Itunes. When you add them to your collection all your doing is creating a list or a document of what you have in Itunes. Currently Traktor does not provide you a way to fully manipulate that list. Trainspotter lets you alter that list. So whatever you do in in Itunes is on its own. Whatever you do in Trainspotter only effects that list. You will NO impact on Itunes by creating playlists in Trainspotter.
    SSL - DJM 800 - Technic 1200's - X1 - ITCH - NS6 - VCI-300

Tech Mentor

I would like to try out the version 2 beta as well, I really have to do a better job arranging my extremely large music collection now

Tech Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by haze324 View Post
    wys

man i'm really diggin the program. I still haven't used it fully as I'm swampe with work. Started creating my own tagging taxonomy. The playlist are sharp.

The only "minor" think I found is that when I click create new foldeder and the folder is created -- it's automatically given the name New Folder and I have to go into "rename folder" as opposed to opening with the cursor in place
    This is already on my to do list of fixes. I'm glad you're liking it so far. If there's anything else you find as you try out the various features let me know.

Tech Guru

Why can't Trainspotter write in the same place as Traktor does for Tags, which i'm guessing will eliminate the problem of writing tags with WAV files.

I don't want to re-encode my music to MP3/FLAC.

Has there been any contact with the Traktor team?

Tech Guru

Quote Originally Posted by wys01 View Post
    This is already on my to do list of fixes. I'm glad you're liking it so far. If there's anything else you find as you try out the various features let me know.
    Wys are the tags only visible within the Trainspotter application? Can I have the tags show in my comments or somewhere in Traktor? If not what's the main purpose of them to create playlist of a combination of tags?

Please explain how they are effectively used within the Traktor application.

Thanks. I'm really digging Trainspotter and continue to recommend it. I've had a few PM's. I think it's great and really want to maximize it's use. So far the beta is kicking ass.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

I finally downloaded and installed the Beta last night. Looks good, but I'll have a few questions later after I dig a bit.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Guru

^ just hit you back.

Tech Convert

I would be keen to give this software a go if anyone could point me in the direction of a download.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast