Trainspotter - who uses it - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    Tech Guru

I think it's attempting to write the stripe information again. What really confuses me is why are some tracks in iTunes showing BPM information and some aren't. Right now i'm so fed up with Traktor constantly analyzing my library that i'd prefer to just avoid using Track collection altogether and just somehow use the iTunes section of Traktor. Is there anything I can get to easily write tags to iTunes.

Tech Guru

Ok my problem currently is the itunes exception error (chinese text somewhere in my collection). My collection is too big to find them manually and i dont want to add my entire database to track collection. Currently i have to use a 2nd monitor and drag/drop when searching for a tune from itunes. Is there any way Trainspotter could help with my problem either by finding the errant text or managing database issues. Really hate using another monitor and very frustrated that i can't use itunes within Traktor.
    “A composer is a guy who goes around forcing his will on unsuspecting air molecules, often with the assistance of unsuspecting musicians.”

SSD Dual drive MBP, VCI100SE, 2 MF's, Audio 8, Echo Audiofire 2, 2x1200's, CDJ800s, Novation Twitch, XoneS2, X1, tons of PA Gear.

DJTT Infectious Moderator photojojo's Avatar

Not Not sure if this would work or not but it's worth a try. Make all of the fields visible in iTunes, then sort by those fields and see if the ones with the odd characters are easier to find once they're sorted.
    Chris Jennings FHP

Podcast - Soundcloud - Mixcloud - Beatport Charts - x

Tech Wizard

could anyone who uses trainspotter regularly make a nice tutorial video theres none out there and I would like to see how you use it. An added bonus for whoever takes their time out to make a video Ill make a donation via paypal to that person
    This is something I really should get round to doing at some point, but for the time being have you looked/searched in the online help inside Trainspotter? If you've got any specific questions have a look on the support forum or ask a question there.
    Last edited by wys01; 12-08-2012 at 07:26 AM. Reason: appeared before santos10's question

Tech Guru

could anyone who uses trainspotter regularly make a nice tutorial video theres none out there and I would like to see how you use it. An added bonus for whoever takes their time out to make a video Ill make a donation via paypal to that person
    Macbook Pro 13" | XONE 92 | Traktor Scratch Pro 2 | Audio 8 | (2) NI Kontrol X1 | Technics SL-1210 MK2 | Juno 106 | Adam A7x | BOSS DD7 | Soundbite XL Looper | +more

soundcloud.com/kevinsantos @kevinsantosdj

Tech Wizard

I just started using TS2 today. Damn cool software! I've noticed a few issues though.

1) There are problems (at least on mac) with the '/' character being anywhere in the file path.

For example, I have my library organized like so:
    'Traktor Music Folder'->'SoundCloud Folder'->'sc_10/12 Folder'->sometrack.mp3

2) I've fixed my file paths and run 'Consistency Check' in Traktor. After doing so, it fixed all of them except a few that I had tried to edit in TS2 before discovering the issue above. Traktor complains when re-analyzing the relocated tracks that the cover art image is too large. (I had previously tried to download cover art for one of the tracks in the screwed up path).

If anyone runs into #1 above, the fix is to quit TS and open Traktor. While Traktor is open, fix the file path (in my case, rename the folder). Then run consistency check and relocate the missing files.

Tech Wizard

While I'm here, can anyone explain what is the difference between the playlists (and playlists sets) under the 'Track Collection' group, vs the ones I'm creating in the 'Playlists' group? Some of the Playlist Sets seem pretty useful (By Release Date for example) but how do I generate an actual (Traktor) playlist from them?

Tech Wizard

The playlists under the Track Collection are there to help you tag your collection or organise your playlists. They aren't saved as part of your collection.nml. You can reference them when you define dynamic playlists under "Playlists to include" or "Playlists to exclude", so you could have, say, "Playlists to include" set to /Track Collection/Genres/House and "File" "exists".

You can create playlist sets for the release dates playlists, when you save your collection the playlists are calculated and saved in your collection. If you then quit Trainspotter and open Traktor you should be able to see them.

Hope this helps.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456